We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zell Am See For Non-Skiers

Northampton
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Zell Am See For Non-Skiers

I've skied in Zell for most of the last 10 years. Due to surgery which has weakened my arm I cant ski this season but my husband is desperate to ski. What can I do while he's on the slopes? I was thinking of catching a train to Salzburg, walking around the lake in Zell and trying to find some other things to do. Think I might get bored. Apart from my arm, I'm very fit and active and hate to sit and read a book etc. Any ideas gratefully received. Thanks.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
20,094 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zell Am See For Non-Skiers

try some snow shoe walking. take a trip to kaprun and go to the top of the kitzsteinhorn. sit back and read a book!

Vienna
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Zell Am See For Non-Skiers

Sorry for your arm.

There are a lot of things you could do in Zell am See. For example the Tauern Spa in Kaprun, Kitzsteinhorn Glacier with a great platform, a exhibition and a small 'cinema'. (Gipfelwelt 3000).

You could do some winter walking, snow shoe Walking, Shopping or maybe tobogganning and ice skating (I'm not sure if this is ok with your arm?).

You can also easily reach Salzburg by Train.

Enjoy your trip!

Kind regards_Chrissy

3. Re: Zell Am See For Non-Skiers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 04, 2014