We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i need suggestions for zell am see

7 posts
Save Topic
i need suggestions for zell am see

Hi all

I'm thinking about spending my honeymoon in zell am see. and I want you to tell me about the weather from January to February, is the tourism programs are available on these months? Or the snow will be a barrier to our trip?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
23,505 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: i need suggestions for zell am see

cold, usually plenty of snow and lake could be frozen (not very common in recent years). snow is usually no barrier to movement, but as this is the skiing season, there is unlikely to be any organised excursions other than maybe a day trip to Salzburg. even if you hire a car, there would be very limited tourist places open.

by the way, why are you considering zell? if you are going for skiing, it is a good place,but if you are non skiiers and are not going to try it, there are other places that could be better in terms of attractions.

Edited: 6:19 am, August 22, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: i need suggestions for zell am see

Hello

thank you for responding to me with beneficial information.

Could you please tell me the other places that you mentioned in the previous comment.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
23,505 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: i need suggestions for zell am see

basically, if you are not going to ski, Salzburg itself would be a better place to base yourself in. again, a lot of the normal tourist trail places could be closed, but there is still a lot to do and see.

kitzbuhel is also a large town and even though it is a ski resort, there would be more to do than at zell.

I see that you are looking for similar info on other countries too, so once you have decided which country you decide on , then relevant people will be able to advise you further

Edited: 7:59 am, August 22, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
4. Re: i need suggestions for zell am see

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 24, 2014