We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zell am See First 2 weeks in December

Emsworth, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Zell am See First 2 weeks in December

Hi, we will be spending 2 weeks in Saalbach at the beginning of December. We are going there for a rest, mountain views, ski lifts, food, apres ski and visiting other resorts by public transport - excursions etc and will probably need to travel to Zell am see to commute. Any ideas on interesting places/villages to visit at this time of year please? I know that Zell has a nice public swimming pool so will probably go there a few times. We don't ski, but happy to watch others! We have 4 nights in Saltzburg at the beginning of our holiday and 2 at the end -so will not need to travel to Saltzburg for sightseeing. Many thanks for any ideas.

Kitzsteinhorn
Mountains, Ski & Snowboard Areas
Schmittenhohe
Mountains, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Ski & Snowboard Areas, Hiking Trails
Lake Zell
Bodies of Water
Zell Am See
Beach & Pool Clubs, Ski & Snowboard Areas
Vienna
Level Contributor
4,698 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zell am See First 2 weeks in December

There is a great spa in Kaprun where you can swim outside in hot thermal waters. Kaprun has also glacier with great views from top. You can visit also Innsbruck and waterfalls in Krimml.

Emsworth, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zell am See First 2 weeks in December

Thankyou Salzburger, I knew that there were thermal baths at Bad Ischl, but didn't know there were any near Zell - Kaprun sounds perfect - is it easy to commute there by public transport? If so, I think that we might make a few trips.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zell am See First 2 weeks in December

Hi

There are Thermal Baths all over Austria.

This link shows you where they are.

thermalbathguide.com/thermal-bath-directory/…

Great way to relax after a hard days walking or sightseeing.

There is a regular bus service from Zell to Kaprun.

Edited: 7:00 am, August 10, 2013
Emsworth, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zell am See First 2 weeks in December

Excellent! Thank you staff :)

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zell am See First 2 weeks in December

Its Tauern Spa Kaprun, which are great there are also two fantastic spas in the Gastein valley which are around 30-45 minutes away from Zell am See by car, and also doable by train.

Have a great time.

Derek

Emsworth, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zell am See First 2 weeks in December

Thanks Derek, I have added your information to my list.

7. Re: Zell am See First 2 weeks in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 04, 2014