We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/ pension recommendation st gilgen area

California
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/ pension recommendation st gilgen area

My husband and I are planning several days in the st gilgen area in September. I'm looking for a recommendation for a nice pension offering breakfast or small hotel. There are no kids, we'll have a car. Interested in some place traditional that gets high marks in gemuetlichkeit. Nice views. Does not have to be in st gilgen, or in any specific location, but close by st gilgen. Thank you for any recommendations.

Toni

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
858 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/ pension recommendation st gilgen area

Hi Toni

I once stayed at the Hotel Schernthaner - www.hotel-schernthaner.at/index.php/en/ which is at the start of the village but quite handy and you can walk to most places in town from there. They have a small car park at the back of the hotel which is handy. The rooms were quite nice in an Austrian style and they give you a buffet breakfast of cold cuts, cheeses, the usual cereals et al.

Prices are mid range (about 100 euros for a double) and make sure you get a room at the front of the hotel with a balcony. Some booking engines have this hotel on their list so you may be able to get a deal. Try Trivago?

Also have a look at Tiscover. - www.tiscover.com which is a local (Austrian) travel portal and if you type in St Gilgen it will give you all accommodation available at your given dates which will include all B&B's, apartments and hotels. This way you might find a B&B for much less.

Have a great trip.

John

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
26,479 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/ pension recommendation st gilgen area

Can't recommend you a specific place, but why not checking the accommodations listed here on the tourism website of the Wolfgangsee region: …salzkammergut.at/en/accommodation.html

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
25,474 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/ pension recommendation st gilgen area

i needed an overflow bed over christmas and i stayed jst outside st gilgen, at a district called brunn. the b and b was called kendlinger and was a small and cosy b and b in a farming area. as you have a car, it is only 5 mins from the village. but have you thought of an apartment? there are some good ones to rent in st gilgen. have a look at "holiday lettings", or try "amazing austria".

finally, and in a beautiful location is the hotel furberg. they have a gasthof attached to the hotel. probably a bit pricey .

4. Re: Hotel/ pension recommendation st gilgen area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, August 22, 2017
Get answers to your questions about St Gilgen