We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

Hi, can someone advise me? I've booked a holiday via lastminute.com ( actually with Ingrams) to Mayrhofen and will be going with my family ( two adults, one child and one infant) in 2 weeks. We are a littke concerned about where we will be staying and what it will be like. Has anyone else booked a similar holiday? Would a 1 x twin room be big enough for the four of us?? I have requested a cot but with the accommodation being 2* we fear the room will be tiny!

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

Have just returned from a similar holiday in Mayrhofen, guesthouse accomodation is generally very good, no more than 10minutes walk from the centre, but rooms could be largish, with a sofa bed in the bedroom, or indeed can be very small. Will you be taking a travel cot for the baby? I guess you will need to. I hope you booked a triple bedded room??

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

It never gave me the option to book a triple room just standard twin room. I have requested a cot though. when I rang last minute.com they said that the room would accommdate us all. Oh well I guess we just have to wait and see. Would you recommend any places to visit first? How did you find the trip?

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

Mayrhofen is very easy to negotiate, firstly go to the Europahaus and pick up all bus and train timetables, as local transport is very good, all buses start from the Bahnhof (train station) it's always best to catch buses from there even if other stops are nearer as buses fill up quickly. There are 3 resevoirs in the area which offer good easy walks. Cosider getting a Z(iller) card, although they seem expensive, they offer a big saving on bus,train and lift fares. The Europahaus offers so much information and they are very helpful. You'll love it, I'm sure.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

Thanks for the information thats really useful. What did u do for meal times? Are many places near by and reasonable priced? I'm hoping we will enjoy the holiday just a little nervous at the moment :-)

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

Almost all hotels and restaurants do a tag (daily) menu, or even the senior menu (quite adequate) usually 3 courses for about 10 euro. I found Hotel Neue Post, Hotel Rose (next to each other) very central or Hotel Strass next to the Penken cable car a good bet. My favourite though is Bruggerstube which is about 15 mins walk out of Mayrhofen past the campsite, it serves big portions of typical Austrian fare at reasonable prices, sample the Tiroler Grostl. Hope this helps.

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

Sorry, wrong information, Neue Post and Rose aren't next to each other, NP is central at the cross roads by the little tractor train, and the Rose is left of the church about 200yds along, sorry about that!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

Dont worry about it, you have been more than helpful, thank you for all your advice and tips

:-) I rang Ingrams and they said that there would be an extra bed in the twin room.

I guess it would be best to take summer and warm clothes whilst packing? Have you taken any pictures whilst you were staying in Mayrhofen?

Edited: 4:49 pm, July 07, 2011
colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

Didn't take any pics this year as unfortunately I was poorly for most of the week I was away, but have taken many in previous years. I did do the Trek Italia on Friday last week, that meant getting the bus to Schlegeis resevoir then walking for a couple of hours to the Italian border and we experienced sun, rain, snow and then more sun, it was amazing.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

Sorry to hear about your health, the Italian boarder trip sounds fun, all depends on the weather when you have little kids. Was there any facility to make tea or coffee in the accommodation where you stayed? What was the name of your guest house?

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

I stayed at the Obermair, and always take a travel kettle and coffee with me, I've never, ever known a kettle provided in an Austrian room.