We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which would you recommend? Hotel Brucke or Hotel Neuhaus

Scotland
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Which would you recommend? Hotel Brucke or Hotel Neuhaus

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help? Looking at booking a week in Mayrhofen at start of Sept 09. Looking at Hotel Brucke or Hotel Neuhaus (staying in St Joseph part of hotel). Does anyone know which would be best?

Hope someone can give me some advice.

Thanks

portsmouth
Destination Expert
for Mayrhofen
Level Contributor
562 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which would you recommend? Hotel Brucke or Hotel Neuhaus

myself i would stay in the brucke

Scotland
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which would you recommend? Hotel Brucke or Hotel Neuhaus

Thanks for you reply.

Why do you advise the Brucke over the Neuhaus? Can you tell me please.

Thanks

portsmouth
Destination Expert
for Mayrhofen
Level Contributor
562 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which would you recommend? Hotel Brucke or Hotel Neuhaus

firstly if you look on this site the reviews are better but the neuhaus is several buildings but the brucke is one and it is nearer to the cable cars I have stayed at both and the brucke in my opinion is a higher grade then the neuhaus

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which would you recommend? Hotel Brucke or Hotel Neuhaus

The Brucke is a 3 star hotel

The Alpendomizil Neuhaus is a 4 star hotel- more amenties services.

Some confusion about the " Neuhaus " name in Mayrhofen.

The Hotel Neuhaus listed on the mayrhofen site is NOT in Mayrhofen. Rather this Hotel Neuhaus is located in Saalbach , south of Salzburg.

I have sent mail to Trip Advisor on numerous occasions regarding this problem. I have yet to receive even a reply. Finally just added a review with this info.

Some reviews on the Hotel Neuhaus even mention Saalbach in their review as further confirmation of this situation. Thus all reviews must be suspect as one can not be certain which hotel the Neuhaus Saalbach or the old Neuhaus Mayrhofen is the actual hotel where the holiday occurred.

Even the photo used in the review for the Hotel Neuhaus is that of the Saalbach hotel.

The now Alpendomizil, that hotel in Mayrhofen has been there for many years and to those knowing Mayrhofen for many years still referred to as the " Neuhaus " not the Alpendomizil Neuhaus, the name introduced some years ago after a renovation.

The Neuhaus , Mayrhofen has been owned by the same family for many years. The hotel , a favorite of many. Frequent enlargements and renovations have been done over the years to keep the hotel current and in good condition.

Members of the family have over the years built other hotels - example one daughter has the Elisabeth Hotel.

The hotel has a good spa , wellness, pool complex - several categories of rooms.

The area to avoid is the Annex area- this less than great the other areas are good.

The hotel is well located, 2-3 minutes to the train station- ner to the town center , shopping, banking etc. nice garden and pool area with good views to the mountains.

The Brucke is toward the other end of town from the Neuhaus- near to a Bridge ( Brucke in german )

3 star category lesser amenities.

Much closer to the Ahornlift- - just at the corner of the main street of town with easy access to shopping , restaurants etc.The biggest problem is the Disco depending on the time of your visit this can make noise just not from the music but also the comings and goings of the patrons at all hours.

If you look for more comfort, more quiet, more amenities and can stay in the main portion of the hotel,not the annex,I would recommend the Alpendomizil Neuhaus.

www.alpendomizil-neuhaus.at

just for info purposes

Neuhaus Saalbach

www.neuhaus.co.at

Scotland
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which would you recommend? Hotel Brucke or Hotel Neuhaus

Thank you for your help with my query.

I have booked the Brucke because I feared we would be put in the Annexe at the Neuhaus - which I am told is not nice.

Hopefully we will have a good time in Mayrhofen and that the disco will not keep up waken at night. We are walkers not dancers!

Thank you again.

portsmouth
Destination Expert
for Mayrhofen
Level Contributor
562 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which would you recommend? Hotel Brucke or Hotel Neuhaus

one of the house of the neuhaus is over a bar and at the end of the buildings across the road is the train station i know the train does not run very late in the evening but it does start early and it does blow its whistle you get what you tke if you know what i mean

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which would you recommend? Hotel Brucke or Hotel Neuhaus

If you travel privately you can easily ask for an receive the accomodation and room location you wish.

If traveling via a tour agency as many do, you get a room equal to the price conrtracted by the agency.

In some instances, a chaep tour price indicates the cheapest and less desirable room in a hotel.

The saying" You get what you pay for " cetainly applies.

Brucke is a 3 star with limited amenities and a disco to keep you occupied if not dancing at least with an extended period of noise.

The Neuhaus- a relaxing and nice garden with pool more amenities a 4 star establishment.

Trains are not running in most of the night hours- if you could hear a whistle - how long could it be several seconds .

To me Church bells a short whistle much preferred to a night of music and all sounds of those coming and going.

Your choice - your money.

8. Re: Which would you recommend? Hotel Brucke or Hotel Neuhaus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 17, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Mayrhofen