We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this the best place for us?

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
69 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Is this the best place for us?

Its quite funny being the first post.

Can anybody help and advice?

I travel with a friend, we enjoy walking, love local culture, like to travel on local buses. We prefer smaller places and we are not night owls.We have been looking at Fuschl as a base and the hotel Mohrenwirt. Is it possible to walk to other towns or villages and keep us occupied for 10 days. Any sugestions would be much appreciated. Many thanks

Carole

11 replies to this topic
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is this the best place for us?

You are very welcome. I'd just like to clarify because of the Winchester post. I am not suggesting at all that food is inferior travelling with tour operator, but it is in many cases different. I also agree that operators offer good prices but this is achieved by hard dealing wth local businesses and this is likely why independent visits are as I say different. Also good points about transfers, it is of course easier with laid on transport. I simply was trying to offer a view of independent travel, it is of course a personal choice and therefore subjective.

As for private accommodation I was not referring to booking hotels online, I agree with winchester there absolutely. I was suggesting that the brochures from the tourist office give comprehensive details of private accommodation, regularly high standards, friendly and helpful, which you could telephone to book directly for a great value way to experience Fuschl and surrounds as a local visitor.

Anyway, you will love Schutzenhof and everything else, have a wonderful holiday.

Reply to: Is this the best place for us?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fuschl am See