We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need an itinerary

Lewiston, Minnesota
6 posts
Save Topic
I need an itinerary

My husband, our 2 14 year old sons and I are going to the black hills the week of July 4th. We'll be there four full days and I'm not sure what are the "must sees", and how to put the days together. We're camping in Custer so will be driving out of there each day. Suggestions?

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,910 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: I need an itinerary

Thanks for reporting back, Mollandjake. We appreciate your perspectives, particularly your child's opinion. We find that parents frequently wonder how kids will find various attractions.

I, too, don't appreciate the feel of Rapid City as much as the smaller towns. I am just not a city person.

Many feel that a drive by of Crazy Horse is fine. I am thinking that perhaps the blast caused a much larger crowd than normal, which probably detracted from your experience.

Your daugher might not have appreciated the cold water at Sylvan Lake once she ventured in. lol. Then again, kids don't seem to mind it like us adults do.

Thanks again; your information will be helpful to others.

Overland Park...
4 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: I need an itinerary

Slrtravelplanner, thanks for your kind words. I am in the process of writing a detailed trip report. I started last night, but am taking much longer than expected!

Lewiston, Minnesota
6 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: I need an itinerary

Thanks for the advise. I think i will revise plans a bit!

14. Re: I need an itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 03, 2014