We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feeding the Burros

Which Custer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,130 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Feeding the Burros

Everything I've ever read has said never feed the wildlife, yet I see continued comments about feeding the burros (carrots and/or apples) during a visit to/through Custer State Park.

Is this really an acceptable (and encouraged) practice there?

I'm not picking on anyone, just trying to get a real perspective here.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,130 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Feeding the Burros

I'm back from my trip through Custer SP. I was surprised at just how persistent the burros were . . . and when it became apparent you weren't going to feed them, they moved on to the next car. It was also pretty surprising to see all of the people out of their cars petting them in the turnout overlooking their field.

I did take a small 3# bag of apples with me on the trip, which I shared with them.

12. Re: Feeding the Burros

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 20, 2013