We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train, plane no auto

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham AL
7 posts
Save Topic
train, plane no auto

We are planning on coming to NO toward the end of July during the week. We are coming in by train from Birmingham and it arrives around 8pm. We will be leaving out to B'ham by plane. What is a good place to stay around the station and FQ area and that can get us to the airport that won't break the bank and is clean. We don't won't to get a rental car either.

Thanks guys in advance

BD70

St. Louis, MO
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train, plane no auto

July is one of the cheaper months for hotels in NOLA - cause its hot! so you should be able to find something nice at a reasonable rate. if you really want to stay in the FQ, i've always found Place D'arms to be a fair value. lots of newer suite type place in the Warehouse district. and sometimes you can get a great deal on the better hotels in the CBD. if you just need a place to stay & are not looking for any night life, there are numerous airport hotels. i love trip advisor for finding many prices at once, but i always check the website for the hotel/chain - sometimes its an even better deal.

cabs or shuttles to the airport are reasonable - fixed pricing. i am not sure where the train station is. but you do not want to drive a rental around new orleans if you dont know where you are going.

Birmingham AL
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: train, plane no auto

Thanks

From what I've read about the Place D'armes hotel you suggested looks like a good place to stay with very reasonable rates. I know going in July is not the best time having lived in Hattiesburg MS for four years and NO was the only thing to do LOL. Just sweat the beer off easier. Thanks