We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May for NO trip?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
May for NO trip?

Hi all,

I'm looking into a post-college graduation trip with some friends for this coming May to New Orleans... I have never been and know little about visiting... I was wondering if anybody could tell me if May is a good time to visit NO in terms of weather, crowds, etc.? Also if anybody has any suggestions on places to stay for some kids in their early twenties, it would be much appreciated! :-)

Thanks in advance!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May for NO trip?

may is a great time to visit!! it will be warm but shouldn't be unbearably hot. My advice on hotels is to be willing to pay a little more to stay within the confines of the FQ. If you let us know your price range we can help you narrow it down.

Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: May for NO trip?

It depends.......I've got to NO twice in late May. Last year it was VERY warm & humid. Bring lots of baby powder to keep yourself dry-trust me.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,648 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May for NO trip?

The convention season gets into gear in May so jump on your reservations when you see a good price...check back here with what you find before you book and run it by the 'locals'...or search 'hotels' for the forum comments. A place where I've seen a lot of the twenties crowd is the W hotel but not my favorite by any means.

4. Re: May for NO trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, August 25, 2009