We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Courtyard on Canal

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, OR
Level Contributor
200 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott Courtyard on Canal

We are staying at the Marriott Courtyard for two of our 5 nights next week because it was the right price and looked pretty convient. But a friend of ours says it's a really nice hotel. Are we in for a pleasant suprise or is she confusing it with a hotel with a simaler name?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Courtyard on Canal

Two Marriotts on Canal but neither is a Courtyard. One is the JW Marriott and the other the New Orleans Marriott.

The Courtyards are in the Central Business District. Plenty fine but not a fancy hotel like your friend thinks!

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
200 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Courtyard on Canal

Well, that's reasuring. We would prefer to stay somewhere with a little more local personality, but at $39 to $69 for the three Marriotts I'm not really complaining (it's the Courtyard on St. Charles at Canal and the other two Marriotts on Canal). We plan to be out and about anyway! Just wish I could have scored the Ritz but couldn't get the employee rate.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Courtyard on Canal

I wouldn't complain either. I stay in Marriotts often. Yeah, maybe they are a bit vanilla by New Orleans standards but they're pretty dependable overall.

Enjoy!

Pensacola, FL
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott Courtyard on Canal

The Courtyard is just off Canal and is indeed a nice hotel. There are at least 3 types of Marriot hotels just blocks apart at Canal. I stayed at the Courtyard in a king room with a balcony. It is a very convient location.

San Francisco
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott Courtyard on Canal

Wow ! how did you get the great 39-69 rate?

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
200 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott Courtyard on Canal

Employee rate. It isn't always offered and there is a limit on how many nights in a row you can use it at each property, but it's nice when you can get it. 10 years ago most hotels chains had a $10 or $25 per night employee rate. To bad wages didn't increase at the same percentage rate!