We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flyinmom's trip report

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,407 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Flyinmom's trip report

Why was it shut down? It was an excellent, thoughtfully-written trip report, and nothing about it was in any way inappropriate.

I would respectfully ask the forum moderators to reopen flyinmom's thread.

Edited: 5:55 pm, March 15, 2015
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
61,293 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flyinmom's trip report

I wondered about that, too. Didn't get to read it. There are no moderators here, though. It won't get opened again unless the OP reposts it or if someone knows how to contact TA to complain. (I don't)

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,766 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flyinmom's trip report

What the heck? That was a great trip report!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,407 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flyinmom's trip report

I don't know what to make of it, you guys. It was a terrific report!

If there are no TA moderators, does that mean that any old troll can arbitrarily shut down a thread?

Edited: 6:14 pm, March 15, 2015
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
61,293 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flyinmom's trip report

That's exactly what it means unfortunately. Although supposedly it takes more than one but it's a state secret how many.

Was there anything remotely controversial in the report?

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
13,158 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flyinmom's trip report

I agree; I cannot conceive how that well written trip report would be objectionable. If someone is offended they should have the fortitude to disclose, in a non confrontational manner, the nature of the offense before requesting deletion. I can understand TA's sensitivity, but it allows for "deletion trolls".

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,407 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flyinmom's trip report

There honestly was not a vowel, consonant, or punctuation mark in that report that could have been construed as controversial.

"Deletion trolls"....the same bright bulbs that down-vote every video on YouTube. Because they can.

7. Re: Flyinmom's trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:45 am, March 16, 2015
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,407 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flyinmom's trip report

When people put so much time and care into their posts, this is mighty annoying.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,766 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flyinmom's trip report

There was absolutely nothing negative in that post. It sounded as if the poster had a great time in NO.

Cedar Hill, Texas
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Flyinmom's trip report

I read Flyinmom's report and thoroughly enjoyed the recap of what she described as a great trip to a beautiful state. She also included her trek outside New Orleans which would have been valuable information for others wanting to see areas beyond the FQ. What a bummer for her and for all the TA readers who would have enjoyed her report as much as I did. I may have to think twice about taking the time to report on my own upcoming trip.

Edited: 7:50 pm, March 15, 2015