We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riverwalk shops?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
57 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Riverwalk shops?

Im going to be in the French Quarter from Thur to Sun and just wondering if its worth a visit to the Riverwalk Marketplace?? It appears to be simply a mall from what I've read and I wasn't sure what kind of condition it is in. Any help on this matter is appreciated.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riverwalk shops?

I haven't been post-Katrina, but I have heard that a lot of the Riverwalk shops are not open. Personally - this is just my opinion - the Riverwalk is virtually identical to any mall in the U.S. - if it were me, I would explore the shops on Royal Street and the French Market and other little shops on Decatur rather than going to the mostly generic stores at the Riverwalk.

So glad you're coming to visit Nola!!! Have a great time and be sure to eat lots!! ;)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
57 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riverwalk shops?

Great. Thanks for the info. I visited New Orleans a couple of years ago and absolutley loved the French Quarter. I can't wait to go back and support the city.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riverwalk shops?

I've only been to Riverwalk once since Katrina but about "half open" would be correct based on my experience. Worth a trip perhaps but only if you live in an area that doesn't have the Gap, Sharper Image, etc.

4. Re: Riverwalk shops?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 23, 2009