We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast/Transportation

st. paul
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast/Transportation

We are looking for a good breakfast spot near the JWMariott, I mean a real breakfast with panckes, french toast etc. Can anyone help me with that, Also what is the best way to get from the airport to JW and the approx. cost. Thanks Ben

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast/Transportation

I can help out on the transportation question... you can either do a cab -- flat rate is posted at the aiport, so make sure that's what you are charged -- or do the airport shuttle which is $26 round trip. If you have more than 2 in your party, I'd cab it unless you have a big group and need a limo. I was just in NO and used the shuttle, which is a lot slower than Pre-K as they only have a fraction of the number of vans running.

FYI -- I heard a number of horror stories about cabs while I was there. Everything from "additional service charges" to drivers who took you on the grand tour as they got lost with the meter running. I always take those stories with a large grain of salt, but did hear more than usual on this trip.

London, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast/Transportation

I took the airport shuttle when I stayed at the JW Marriott last week. I would probably take a cab next time as the driver took his time getting from place to place. You also have to wait on clueless passengers who can't find their money, forget which hotel they are going to, and so on!

st. paul
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast/Transportation

Thanks, what is the flat rate for a taxi. Ben

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast/Transportation

I just took a cab back from the airport to my apt a couple of weeks ago. For me and one other passenger it was $29. It should be a flat rate - there are signs posted at the airport. $28 from airport to FQ (I believe) with $1 per additional passenger. Check the signs before you get into the taxi and mention the flat rate before you head out to the FQ so he knows you're aware of the rate. Also try to get a United Cab if you can, I think they are better.

Breakfast near the JW - well, I'm sure someone is going to recommend Mother's, but please don't go there! I don't know of anything super close - does the JW have a breakfast? There was a thread on here about the Intercontinental having a good champagne brunch on Sundays. I'm sure I must be forgetting something.....help me out Cajunwave! ;)

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast/Transportation

They are right on the taxi and shuttle prices and also...forget Mothers........its four blocks in at St Louis in the 800 block but Petunia's has great breakfast crepes of all kinds and I'm not sure how far the Palace Cafe on Canal is from the JW Marriott but they have great food (Brennan owns it)

Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast/Transportation

Question - do the cab companies have vans? There will be four adults and a LOT of luggage (post-cruise) and I know we won't all fit in a regular car.

7. Re: Breakfast/Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, August 20, 2009