We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to propose in New Orleans

Orlando, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
Where to propose in New Orleans

I am looking for a place in New Orleans. I am not decided whether or not where I want to do it. Does anyone have a good suggestion?

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,653 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to propose in New Orleans

I like Jackson Square. It's beautiful and right in the Quarter with the St Louis Cathedral in the back ground...can't get much better than that!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
540 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to propose in New Orleans

Check out nolagondola.com. We did this gondola ride in the lagoon at City Park for my daughter's 17 birthday and the guy was telling us about a proposal he had the day before.

Here is the info from their website:

Nola Gondola Tours:

Experience a romantic and magical trip aboard an authentic, hand-crafted Venetian Gondola mixed with the romance and flavor of New Orleans on our tour package!

Nola Gondola's Gondolier gracefully ushers lovebirds through a tour of City Park's rustic lagoons. Along with the soft splash of oars on water, you will be soundtracked by Italian music seeping gingerly from the Gondola Bella Mae's sound system.

The tour comes with these amenities:

- A PRIVATE Gondola ride for two to six people

- Recorded romantic Italian music

- Complimentary crackers & cheese.

Ask about the "Proposal in a Bottle", if you are considering popping the question!

San Antonio
Level Contributor
270 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to propose in New Orleans

Depends. The gondola is a lovely idea. But for me, I'd want Jackson Square. Has she been there before? If so, what are her favorite places?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,696 posts
1,304 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to propose in New Orleans

I will go with Jackson Square too, though perhaps a table, upstairs at Galatoire's, or maybe a table at Muriel's (not our favorite restaurant, but gets great recs. here).

Going back 44 years, I did mine at a tiny Italian restaurant in Metairie, and that seems to have worked. Still, not where I would recommend today.

Good luck,

Hunt

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
145 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to propose in New Orleans

Have you & your SO been to New Orleans before? Does she have a favorite spot?

Does she have a particular affinity for the city? Would a proposal in New Orleans, specifically, be special for her?

Maybe I'm not being very clear.... take my husband and I for example - - Being proposed to in NO would have been perfect for me; however, if the rolls were reversed, it would have been the last place to propose to my husband - - he just rolls his eyes that I'm so enthralled with the city. :)

Of course you've probably already considered all of this - but your sentence about not being sure struck me.

In any event - enjoy, wherever it happens! It's such a special occasion.

6. Re: Where to propose in New Orleans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 24, 2015