We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daughter let down needs accom

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Daughter let down needs accom

My DD has been let down by a friend she was going to stay with in May & has flts booked. She needs somewhere in reasonably safe area, May 9th - 13th, budget $100 per nt max. Also needs to be somewhere she can get transport to & from fairly easily,all ideas welcome :)

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daughter let down needs accom

Honestly, I don't think she will find anything for under a $100 a night in May. If she is on her own I would advice that she stays in the French Quarter. Walking is the main form of transportation. Did she have a hotel already booked with her former travel companion? If she did she may need to stick with that reservation.

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Daughter let down needs accom

Very popular www.indiahousehostel.com. Just off the streetcar line. Not sure of their rates.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daughter let down needs accom

No, she was supposed to be staying with her in university accomodation at Baton Rouge, but her friend has decided to go home instead :( French Quarter is very limited for accomodation as you say, she will probably have to spend more on accomodation than she planned - but that's life:)

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daughter let down needs accom

She was supposed to be staying with "friend" at Baton rouge, but friend has decided to go home. Wish she had pre-booked accomodation, would have probably been cheaper to cancel the reservation if friend came good, than pay premium for late booking now - but that's life!

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,563 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daughter let down needs accom

It's Tulane commencement weekend, and at the end of "high" season. Will probably be closer to $150 per night, but check Best Western St. Christopher. India House Hostel seems to be well regarded.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Daughter let down needs accom

Aha, that explains why there are no beds available on the Friday!!

Allentown...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Daughter let down needs accom

Try looking at the B&B's in the Marigny neighborhood; right next to the Quarter. It's a safe, quiet area.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,634 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Daughter let down needs accom

Try Hotel Villa Convento. They may have something available!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
26,810 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Daughter let down needs accom

You are coming during a weekend and that is when stuff skyrockets. That is why I booked from Tuesday to Friday to avoid that and even so I got 3 nights for $330 total.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Daughter let down needs accom

Tulane graduation weekend is the following weekend, or May 16-18.