We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with boutique hotel in the french quarter

Hamilton, Ontario...
Level Contributor
532 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Help with boutique hotel in the french quarter

Myself and three other girlfriends are looking to visit New Orleans this July. I have been searching all the forums and reading hotel recommendations, however there are so many great places it's really difficult to choose! I know we want to stay in the French quarter amongst all the action, restaurants and shops, just not sure which boutique hotel to pick. It seems to me the place to stay is the Place D'armes? Our budget is no more than 200 a night, we are looking for a boutique hotel with a pool and A/C and hoping for a room with a balcony. We want to be close to all the action in a safe area. Would Place D'armes suit our needs or is there another hotel anyone could recommend? Thanks so much everyone! I appreciate anyones help!

Robyn

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
2,927 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with boutique hotel in the french quarter

Hotel St Marie on Toulouse St, owned by the same family that has the Place D'Armes, Hotel Provincial, Le Marais, Bourbon Orleans, Dauphine Orleans, Le Richelieu all would meet your needs.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with boutique hotel in the french quarter

Hotel Provincial would meet your criteria. Very nice.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,685 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with boutique hotel in the french quarter

Hard to speak to your budget because rates vary so much depending on demand/activity during the specific time of stay. Based on your desire for a "boutique" with pool and balcony, and amongst all the action, you might want to look at Place d'Armes, Hotel Le Marais, Hotel Provincial, Dauphine Orleans, Bienville House, and Hotel St Marie.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,609 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with boutique hotel in the french quarter

Location etc. Would be PDA, St. Marie, Bourbon Orleans, LeMarais.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,396 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with boutique hotel in the french quarter

I've stayed at the PDA 3 times, and loved it everytime. It has the prettiest courtyard in the Quarter in my opinion. Getting a balcony room for under 200$ though might be tough depending when you're coming. If the balcony room is too much, consider a courtyard room. The courtyard is so lovely, a great place to have your morning coffee, a beverage before going out for the evening, etc.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,291 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with boutique hotel in the french quarter

It completely depends on your dates. Essence Festival is over the 4th of July, and hotels will be extremely expensive. But if you come the last week of July, you can get a balcony room with 3 adults in the room, at the Place dArmes, for under $170 per night. Use the website valentinohotels.com to check the rates for all five of the Valentino hotels.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,642 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with boutique hotel in the french quarter

The Hotel Provincial is NOT owned by the Valentino chain of hotels. It is owned by The DuPepe Family so it is privately owned. I have stayed at The Provincial nine times so it is my hotel of coice. It's in a great location and I can't say enough good things about the hotel itself and its' staff!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with boutique hotel in the french quarter

All good suggestions. I regularly recommend PDA for reasons mentioned and it has arguably the best location for most tourists.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with boutique hotel in the french quarter

My favourite is always Le Marais. right in the heart of things but so peaceful. Lovely breakfast and courtyard with pool.

Hamilton, Ontario...
Level Contributor
532 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with boutique hotel in the french quarter

Some great suggestions, thanks everyone! I'm looking near the mid to end of July, Place D'armes rate is almost 700 for 4 nights so between 2 that's seem like a great price. I'll check out all the other places, thanks!