We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

90 Minutes on Bourbon Street on a Monday night

Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
90 Minutes on Bourbon Street on a Monday night

My wife and I are visiting New Orleans this summer as part of a longer trip that also includes Dallas and Houston. Originally, it was going to be the 2 of us and our daughter, who will be 15 months at the time. Now, my parents have decided to fly in and meet us while we are there. They have agreed to come and watch her one night while she sleeps so we can make a quick trip to Bourbon Street. What are the one or two must visits on Bourbon street between 10-12pm on a Monday night? We are staying at the Place D'Armes, so we are in walking distance.

AR
Level Contributor
3,612 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 90 Minutes on Bourbon Street on a Monday night

If you like Blues, go to the Funky Pirate in the 700 block of Bourbon. Gary Brown plays from 8:00-until on Mondays and has a great band. Usually a packed house. For Jazz, I would go to Fritzel's (also in the 700 block) or to Irvin Mayfield's Playhouse in the front corner of the Royal Sonesta Hotel, or across the street from the Sonesta to Legends Park for Dixieland. All places will have drinks, and great people watching. No cover at any of them.

Edited: 9:52 am, March 26, 2014
Minnesota
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: 90 Minutes on Bourbon Street on a Monday night

Funky Pirate for sure and then Pat O's flaming courtyard for a hurricane or rain storm!

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 90 Minutes on Bourbon Street on a Monday night

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60864-d1091…

You must hear some zydeco

Jersey Shore...
Level Contributor
97 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 90 Minutes on Bourbon Street on a Monday night

Lafittes Blacksmith pub....so unique

15. Re: 90 Minutes on Bourbon Street on a Monday night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 30, 2015