So- basically, we have about 500 questions, so read on, if you are bored, a New Orleans Ambassador, or curious! ( Have I mentioned that we are actually giddy at the prospect of visiting your city? Not because of Hollywood, either. Have met many from this city on travels, and have all been so friendly and positive, regardless of obstacles (mostly horrific-weather induced.)
We are so very, very, very excited to have the very (hopefully without sounding annoyingly touristy) (super) coveted experience to visit New Orleans! In May, no less!)
We are staying in the French Quarter-ish district, because it is close to our reason-for-travel-needs.Near Iberville Street. (Note- we are happy to cab it)
We would like to:
1. See a garden- botanical, or otherwise- with native to Louisiana plants
2. Eat REAL Louisiana BBQ- Not BBQ for tourists (yes- I know we are tourists!) But happy to take a cab, as long as one is happy to pick one us up after dark and is easily accessible
2b- We'd also like to find some non-tourist traps for eating all meals within a 20 min walk radius?
3. Go to a local micro-brew (nearby, or off the beaten path)
3b- And/or a great place for beer on tap with food- the more on tap the better- SUPER partial to IPAs
4. Happy Hour? - snacks, drinks- etc.
4b- also- How about LIVE MUSIC? What can we find within walking distance in this area? (happy to walk 20 min in light, and grab a cab in a plentiful area, if needed, in dark?) Reggae, jazz, blues?
5. Tour? ( Yes…I want to see an alligator…judge if you must…but come here (to one of the coldest parts of Canada (as I assume you are a fellow traveller?) to see a wolverine or ptarmigan, and I promise I won't judge you…)