We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked our flights!!! So excited. Monteleone?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Booked our flights!!! So excited. Monteleone?

Had planned on coming in on a Saturday but found a flight that was $200 less than most I was seeing that comes in at 9:45 on a Friday. The Courtyard/Marriott is booked for that Friday so we'll stay that night at the Monteleone which I'm super excited about. I've been a little bummed about staying at the Courtyard but we want a lot a space so it was the best bet. At least this way I get one night at a hotel with character.

Once the flight is booked it's real! Time to plan the wardrobe and start a diet because I plan on lots o' eating.

So how small are the basic double rooms at the Monteleone? I'm expecting tiny, but it's just one night so we can deal. How is the restaurant on site? I do want go the bar for sure.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked our flights!!! So excited. Monteleone?

Actually the restaurant on site has had pretty good reviews but across the street is a great contemporary creole restaurant called Mr. B's...the rooms are small but normal by FQ comparisons.

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked our flights!!! So excited. Monteleone?

We ate at Mr. B's in '98. I still dream about those BBQ shrimp. I'm planning on making reservations for Mr. B's our last night.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked our flights!!! So excited. Monteleone?

Can't go wrong with the Monteleone! We would end everyday of our vaction with a drink at the Carousel Bar before turning in for the night. Service was top notch.

I must admit though we were very disappoined in Mr B's. In fairness, they did not charge us for our meal and I would go back and try them again. We must have just hit them on an off night.

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked our flights!!! So excited. Monteleone?

That's too bad about Mr.B's. Maybe an off night. I just remember being slightly embarrassed by the bib they put on me so I could eat my shrimp, but after one bite I couldn't of cared less about it. I've been telling my daughter about those shrimp for 5 years and now she gets to have them.

I'm really excited to stay at the Monteleone even for one night. My husband stayed there on a business trip, not long after Katrina, and loved it's character.

5. Re: Booked our flights!!! So excited. Monteleone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 03, 2015