We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel ?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
na
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel ?

I have booked a 5 night stay here for the Mardi Gras weekend but very worried about this hotel. The last time we stayed at the JW and the Westin year before that. Anyone have true comments about this hotel ? It seems like its 6 blocks away from where i have been before and also 1 block away from Canal street.

Also being a Marriott Plat member will they upgrade my room durning Mardi Gras ?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,725 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel ?

What are you "very worried" about? You don't really say. I've stayed there before but not recently enough to offer any tangible advice. If you haven't already read them, take a look at the reviews here on TA, most of which are positive.

I would imagine an upgrade for a Plat member would depend on occupancy, and during Mardi Gras I would epect occupancy to be high.

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel ?

I am not even a plat member, but got upgraded to the concierge level during French Quarter Fest in 2013. Nice quiet room in the corner. Enjoyed the stay....not to worry. The basic hotel is old, so there are some contruction qualities that seem a little "quirky", bed quality is Marriott nice.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel ?

The location is awesome. It's only about one block down from the JW, to give you an idea. The street on the corner is Bourbon, so it's so easy to get to the Quarter (about 1 block essentially). The rooms are nice, but can be a little quirky as it is an old redone hotel. It's a smaller hotel, so it can get busy with large crowds, but it is nice and would a good Mardi Gras option. I think you will likely be upgraded, but will have access to the lounge either way. The restaurant, MiLa is amazing and should not be missed if you have the opportunity. The bar is also really fun and they have some great cocktails.

na
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel ?

Thanks ! I forgot to mention what i was worried about. The trip was suppose to be just 2 guy's well now that has turned into total of 3. I think this might be a large crowd for one room but willing to give it a try.

So any suggestions other then Mila for food near the hotel ?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel ?

@crazyF00L "So any suggestions other then Mila for food near the hotel ?"

Red Gravy on Camp St. two blocks from your hotel. Breakfast and lunch M,W,T,F, Dinner T,F,S.

Try the Sicilian Egg Pie, or Polpetta Omelet for breakfast. And get some a dem great meatballs.

Edited: 2:53 pm, January 24, 2014
6. Re: Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 26, 2015