We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port of Call and Barracks St. Cafe

Birmingham
Level Contributor
371 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Port of Call and Barracks St. Cafe

I cant seem to find any info on the latter, which I have heard is a good cheap grubbery, located I think at Dauphine. What do you in the know think, should I go and get a great burger at Port or stick to NO uniqueness with only 2 days in town? Any really hidden places you would suggest? Thanks. Also welcome feedback on Markeys in Bywater, heard it was a good sports place.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port of Call and Barracks St. Cafe

Barracks St. Cafe is a glorified smoothy stand. Ok food, nothing special. Go to Angeli across the street in Decatur instead if you are looking for reasonable, good food. But Port of Call is always the first choice!!! There is really nothing terribly New Orleans-y about Barracks St. Cafe or Angeli - Port of Call is more of an institution, so go there! Although, get there early (5pm or before) or be prepared to wait, a LONG time, especially on weekends.

As for Markey's, it is a dive bar, great during Saint games, but otherwise really not a sports bar, more a corner tap with a pool table and some small tv's.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port of Call and Barracks St. Cafe

We tried Port of Call for dinner and there was a 40+ minute wait. We went back the next day for lunch and got right in.... The burgers were great, and the pizza looked really good too! It's an experience not to be missed!