We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chart room? anyone been?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ILLINOIS
Level Contributor
510 posts
176 reviews
Save Topic
Chart room? anyone been?

Has anyone been to the Chart Room? Think this is a bar? If so, is atmosphere good? Is there a good selection of beers etc?

Thank you

petlovr67

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chart room? anyone been?

Many, maybe most of the regular posters have been to Chart Room. It is a fairly small, dive type bar. I would imagine they have a decent selection, but not extraordinary. Frequented by locals and regular visitors, it is a cool little place.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chart room? anyone been?

LOVE Chart Room! They have an awesome juke box with Louie Prima in it too! Nice people and customers every time we've been in! Good, COLD, cheap Abita! Well worth a visit! As KC said it is a cool little place with open windows all over and a nice view!

ILLINOIS
Level Contributor
510 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chart room? anyone been?

thank you Kansas and Deny.. some how we missed this and several other pubs from our NOLA trip this past year. Just realizes there are a bunch of new places we can go to. lol

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chart room? anyone been?

The list only gets longer and longer Pet! Always another reason to go back to New Orleans!

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chart room? anyone been?

I'll send you some pictures in an e-mail! LOVE Chart Room! (Thanks, Loop!)

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,041 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chart room? anyone been?

Just a plain ol' bar. About half locals and half tourists, but many of the tourists are regular NOLA visitors. Sometimes seems that some of the locals were sent over by Central Casting. Cheapest regularly priced mixed drinks in the Quarter. Good selection of beverages, but not the place to go for "craft" beers or "crafted" cocktails. Great jukebox with emphasis on New Orleans classics, both new and old. Because of the corner location, open storefront and large windows, many of the seats and stools have a pretty good view out to the street.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chart room? anyone been?

Never been. Not much of a beer drinker.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,041 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chart room? anyone been?

Rodent, we rarely drink beer at Chart Room, although many do. For me it's a highball (rum and coke, vodka and tonic, whiskey and soda, etc.) kind of place. Also a good place for a Grand Marnier nightcap. But not where I'd go for a Ramos gin fizz.

It often has a cast of characters.

Edited: 12:33 am, December 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chart room? anyone been?

Loop's nailed it. They have no tap handles, bottled beer only. It has some local beers, as well as the usual cast of yellow fizzy stuff. I rarely drink bottled beer in a bar, always draft.

It's a shot and a beer bar, or two ingredient drinks. Gin and tonics, 7 and 7s, Jack and Cokes, Captains and diets, etc. Its a cool place to while away an hour.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chart room? anyone been?

Really good $5 Bloody Marys too