We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safest, cheapest, overnight, FQ parking please.

Virginia Beach...
2 posts
Save Topic
Safest, cheapest, overnight, FQ parking please.

The last several trips to NO we have flown in and taken a taxi to FQ. We walk everywhere and rent bikes. This time to save money we are driving in and bringing our own bikes. We are staying at the French Market Inn 12/28 thru 1/3 and got a great rate. I know they will valet our car, but I think it is like $35 a day so I am sure I can do better. I have been surfing around and reading the forum, but would like your recommendation please.

Thanks

Whitewater
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safest, cheapest, overnight, FQ parking please.

Honestly I would just pay the rate at your hotel. The advantage is you can easliy check your car as you are coming and going. I wouldn't trust parkimg my car at a different location.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Safest, cheapest, overnight, FQ parking please.

I agree with BelindaF. That's what it would cost at any of the hotels. You can rest easy knowing your car is safe. Besides, you'd only be saving a few dollars a day.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,632 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safest, cheapest, overnight, FQ parking please.

TOTALLY agree with both Etude and Belinda. If you have to bring a car you might as well do your best to keep it safe.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safest, cheapest, overnight, FQ parking please.

I always use the Premium Parking garages to save $$ -- I highly recommend them (quick in/out, safe), especially for so many days, the ~$10 difference per day will add up. The garage at 535 Chartres is in a great location for you. You can reserve ahead as well: premiumparking.com/park/locations-nola/149-2/

5. Re: Safest, cheapest, overnight, FQ parking please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, December 18, 2014