We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coops

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, Texas...
7 posts
Save Topic
Coops

I'm traveling through New Orleans Dec 2013 from San Antonio TX to Biloxi. I am looking for the French Quarter experience. A friend who used to reside in New Orleans recommended Coop's Place. I have read a lot of negative reviews online regarding Coop's and would appreciate some input or suggestions.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coops

Hey David here is a whole bunch of opinions on Coops!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60864-i34-k698092…

LOVE LOVE LOVE San Antonio! :)

Lewes, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coops

There was a heavily commented thread recently on Coops. It's at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60864-i34-k698092…

My input would be that you could do worse.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coops

Hey Kjosker we both posted the exact same site at the exact same time! Too Funny!!!!!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coops

variety of inexpensive food but tends to be inconsistent and service can be snarly..used to be a spot for us to go to until so so food one time and another time downright rude service but that snarkiness is now their trademark.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coops

my input is always the same....check it out for yourself and make your OWN decision if it's worth it or not! Especially when a place gets 50/50 reviews...you never know which side of that 50% you fall into until you try it yourself. If you do, I'd love to hear what you think!

Daphne
Level Contributor
226 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coops

Please go there and let us know what you think. While you are thre make ure to take a trip to the restroom. If you really want to get the flovor of the place look out back where they do most of their cooking. If you can get there without stepping on a few rats you will be one lucky son of a gun.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coops

My input would be that you could do better.

New Orleans
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coops

There is always a line out the door at Coop's...as I tell people who visit Nola; it does not look quite clean, the juke box is too loud, and the staff can be snarkey but the food rocks! I live about 7 blocks from Coop's and eat there on a regular basis. I have never seen a rat or a roach in Coops...some people are just clean freaks and the years of grease and (from the days it was allowed) cigarette smoke patina of Coops is just not their style.

Coop's is closed until the Friday after Thanksgiving as they are remodling the kitchen. Boon, my favorite bartender at Coop's, told me last night that the Bathrooms will be remodled in the Summer. That should make some people really happy...

Edited: 10:37 am, November 20, 2013
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coops

Coops used to be good. Now, not so much. It happens a lot to restaurants in this city, unfortunately. Maybe it will have an upswing at some point but I've withdrawn it from the "recommended" list I give to my guests.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coops

As I've said before, I've eaten at Coops many times. As far as rats, I frankly don't believe that. The kitchen is out back in the courtyard, and that seems to bother some people. The food is great, and it is inexpensive, and that is all I care about. As I've also said before, if it is such a bad place, why is there always a line to get in? And as I've asked before, why do so many people engage in "Coops bashing"? I don't see other restaurants on this forum get such a continuous bad press. Are they jealous of its success, or what? It's a small, obviously very successful restaurant, and I hope they will always be there. They are, and will continue to be, my first stop for dinner every time I arrive in NOLA.