We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central City Festival this Saturday

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Central City Festival this Saturday

I'm looking forward to Irvin Mayfield, Creole Wild West, Treme Brass Band with Black Men of Labor and trying food from vendors I've never even heard about.

ashecac.org/main/…central-city-festival-2013

We're planning to arrive after the gospel part, since that's not our cup of tea (neither is the "Latin music" of Freddy Omar, but that will be a good chance to grab something to eat. Altogether, looks like a very varied program with something for everyone.

If any out of towners are planning to be there, I'd recommend taking a cab back. You should be fine walking there from the streetcar but I would not recommend hanging around after dark.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Central City Festival this Saturday

Showing off again? Actually Sarasota has something cool goiing on. The chalk art festival. Artists from all over and turn Pineapple st into a canvas of beautiful artwork. Ill try to get some pics on Facebook.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central City Festival this Saturday

Reporting live, what an amazing festival. Creole Wild West was fun, posted a video on facebook. Treme Brass Band second lined around the block with Irvin Mayfield and Black Men of Labor, I took a few videos and lots of pictures, those on facebook stay tuned, I'll post tonight.

Waiting for Irvin Mayfield's set now. We'll also have the honor of visiting Highway61 after the festival. What a great day!

3. Re: Central City Festival this Saturday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 18, 2014