We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boucherie to Airport

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Boucherie to Airport

Having lunch at Boucherie on Friday at 1pm. Have 7:15 pm flight. Is it worth going back to FQ first and then going to airport or should we just go straight to airport?

If we go straight to airport, any idea what a taxi would cost?

We would also be willing to head to 61/ Airline Dr to catch the E2 to airport unless that is crazy??

Thanks~

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
53,552 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boucherie to Airport

Where will your luggage be during lunch? Also seems like you'll end up killing a lot of extra time at the airport. Lunch can't take "that" long, and you'll be at the airport by 3:30 or 4:00 for a 7:15 flight. Seems like a lot of time to kill...

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boucherie to Airport

We'd have to take our 20" carry on with us (1 each). PITA, I know. We could try and push lunch to 2 pm perhaps to cut down on wait time at airport ....

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Boucherie to Airport

You could kill some time walking around the area near Boucherie. There's some neat little shops on Oak St. & also over on Maple street, east of Carrollton Ave. Have an after lunch coffee at Maple Street Patisserie or stop in the Maple Street Book Shop. I LOVE this part of NOLA and visitors don't visit this area often.

http://www.onlyonoak.com/

neworleansonline.com/tools/…maplestreet.html

http://maplestreetpatisserie.com/

http://www.maplestreetbookshop.com/

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boucherie to Airport

Taxi will be the same $33 to/from the airport.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boucherie to Airport

The area is great (and I'll add Z'Otz, a quirky coffee and tea shop to the list etude gave you), but with your luggage, would you really be that inclined to walk and explore it? If it were me, I'd probably go back to the hotel.

Enjoy your lunch whatever you decide. Have one of their frothy Pimm's Cups (the only place I know where a Pimm's Cup has froth on top), or a Dark and Stormy, I think they make both really well. :)

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boucherie to Airport

I'm with Rodent on this. Maybe schedule your lunch for 11:30-noon, head back (let the hotel store your luggage) and grab a cab to the airport around 5.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boucherie to Airport

Also, Boucherie is really small and your luggage might be in other people's way there. I have to admit I've never looked at the space in this way so I don't know, you might be able to stash it under the table. But if not, you would possibly inconvenience other people with it.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boucherie to Airport

We left luggage at hotel. Took the street car over and back for lunch. Picked up our luggage; took Loyola street car to Tulane and took bus to airport. Worked like a charm.

There were only 2 other tables occupied. There would have been more than enough room to put the 2 carry on's but it was all good.

9. Re: Boucherie to Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 18, 2014