We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying close to SuperDome-- Le Pavillion vs. Drury Suites??

Kathleen, Georgia
7 posts
Save Topic
staying close to SuperDome-- Le Pavillion vs. Drury Suites??

Have a conference at SuperDome and have made reservations at Le Pavillion and Drury Suites... Trying to make a decision. Like the history of Le Pavillion but concerned about condition of hotel. Any recommendations? Any insight is appreciated!

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying close to SuperDome-- Le Pavillion vs. Drury Suites??

We stayed this past weekend at Le Pavillon and very easy walk to Superdome.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,749 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying close to SuperDome-- Le Pavillion vs. Drury Suites??

have to give the Drury suites the nod due to their accommodation extras and two stays at Pavilion with different rooms we found them to be small rooms and I found both the queen bed and double bed to be very small so much so we had to check with the desk.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: staying close to SuperDome-- Le Pavillion vs. Drury Suites??

I've stayed at the Le Pavilion and my room was small, but the charm and elegance of the building were impressive to me. The Drury may have a free breakfast and all that, but it is a chain hotel. It all depends on what you are interested in and how much time you will spend in the hotel room. Le Pavilion also has a daily milk and cookies due to it's history. I think the Drury may free wine and snacks in the evening, but again, it depends on what you want out of your hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
462 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: staying close to SuperDome-- Le Pavillion vs. Drury Suites??

I can't chime in on Le Pavillion, but I can recommend Drury Suites. Stayed here with the family a year and a half ago and had no problems at all. Our room was modern and large enough, and I never heard hallway noise. Staff was all very nice and quite helpful. Some extras that we enjoyed; no wait for the laundry machines, free basic breakfast, gratis evening hot dogs and beer, and what we found to be the coolest thing, the hidden super secret pool. Up an extra elevator, up to the roof, around a corner... there is a nice little pool. We enjoyed it several times and had it all to ourselves every time.

Join the Drury club thingy online for extra freebies.

Cheers!

Kathleen, Georgia
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: staying close to SuperDome-- Le Pavillion vs. Drury Suites??

Thank you for your input. Decided on Drury Suites! Your advice helped as well as pics of some of the rooms from Le Pavillion

6. Re: staying close to SuperDome-- Le Pavillion vs. Drury Suites??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 31, 2014