We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need info on the Casa Conchita B & B

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Need info on the Casa Conchita B & B

We're bringing reinforcements with us on our return to The Crescent City next summer! One of the accomodations we're looking to book is The Casa Conchita down on Dauphine Street in the FM. Surprisingly, I've found no comments from former guests about this B & B anywhere on the web. There are press mentions of the place, and it appears to be unique and upscale. Can the tripadvisor community help me here? Please.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need info on the Casa Conchita B & B

Just checked out the website and it looks nice.

1) Ask if it's legal. Some B&Bs aren't although I suspect most of the ones on tripadvisor are.

2) The location is a pretty decent distance (8-10 blocks) from the French Qtr. You can't walk it at night.

3) The website says "Bed and Beverage" so it's really more of a guest house. No breakfast.

Let us know what you decide!

Denver, CO
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need info on the Casa Conchita B & B

We'll be staying at Casa Conchita in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know how it is.

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need info on the Casa Conchita B & B

Thank you Hadley. I am looking forward to your report. Hope you have a great visit to the Crescent City.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need info on the Casa Conchita B & B

I was incorrect about location. Sorry! It's actually in the Faubourg Marigny triangle (better than the rectangle) so it's an easier walk to the FQ. Cab's still a good idea at night.

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need info on the Casa Conchita B & B

Message to Hadley...Have you completed your trip to NO? How pleased were you with accomodations at Casa Conchita? Thank you for your comments!