We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel selection help

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chattanooga
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Hotel selection help

My wife and I are going to New Orleans for 2 nights on Tuesday the 19th of November. We want to stay somewhere nice and within walking distance (1/4 mile) of Bourbon Street. We will be there celebrating our anniversary. We are willing to spend 200-300 dollars per night. We are looking for comfortable beds and clean rooms. Also, our anniversary is on the 20th and we would like to eat seafood that night. Any restaurant ideas and spots go get some drinks after dinner would be appreciated as well. We were in New Orleans 10 years ago for 1 night. We are open to folks with insight pointing us in the right direction. Right now we are doing all of our research online. Thanks so much.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel selection help

you need to check out features and the search feature here in trip advisor and decide whether you want a boutique hotel or full service upscale place and what foods you may like--creole' Italian' steak, seafood and food budgets..we prefer boutique like place d'armes or st Marie but there is also the French market inn marquis rooms',omni royal, bourbon Orleans, le Richelieu, and provincial. and restaurants such as Muriel's, Mr. b's, pelican club, Irene's, k-paul's, and check out www.nomenu.com under eat out and French quarter--good and accurate reviews.

Schulenburg, Texas
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel selection help

The Omni Royal fulfills your description requests for lodging. Its rooftop pool (which you wouldn't be using in Nov.) area has a magnificent view of The Quarter. We've lodged there a few times, most recently this past June and it is a very nice, well maintained property with good bedding. Our room size was adequate but not spacious. Another hotel I recommend for your ideals is The Monteleone. It exudes old world charm and its lobby is my favorite. It is home to The Carousel Bar, a great place to enjoy a specialty drink. Another hotel that comes to mind is one that we haven't stayed in but did have a look at: The Le Marais. It was redone several years ago and looks very nice with a more modern motif combined with its boutique qualities. You shouldn't have any problems locating wonderful seafood. GW Fins generally comes up whenever someone asks about such. My DH and I really like Muriel's at Jackson Square, a beautiful restaurant with scrumptious food (pecan-crusted puppy drum and shrimp/goat cheese crepes are two examples of its seafood specialties) and impeccable service. Mr B's is another highly respected dining choice; barbecue shrimp (might be a little too messy for a special occasion, though) always gets high marks. I'm sure you'll receive many more suggestions, but these are a few options to get you started. Have a wonderful trip and Happy Anniversary!

Calgary
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel selection help

Check out Bourbon Orleans. Right on Bourbon st., but do NOT worry about noise, we never heard anything from the street ( just ask for an inside room ). We stayed there 4 nights at the beginning of September, and LOVED it. The location was awesome, and it was a super nice room and hotel.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel selection help

We stayed at many hotels in the FQ. My favorites include Royal Sonesta- especially when we got a sale price, Dauphine Orleans-includes breakfast of waffles, fruit, coffee, etc, and Bourbon Orleans-perfect location and lovely comfortable property. I recommend that you consider where you are likely to be when you are ready to call it a night and consider the location. We love the location of Bourbon Orleans, (and had no issue with noise), because it is steps from where we are likely to end our evening.

Schulenburg, Texas
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel selection help

I forgot about Bourbon Orleans when writing my first reply (not enough caffeine yet, I guess:). I agree that it's a wonderful hotel. The location is smack dab in the middle of The Quarter. We've stayed in a room with a courtyard/pool view (I believe on the fourth floor) and it was clean, comfortable, and very quiet.

Chattanooga
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel selection help

Thanks for the input. We do not have to stay right on Bourbon Street. We habe no problem walking 5 blocks. Again thanks

Chattanooga
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel selection help

Thanks for the input. We do not have to stay on Bourbon Street. We are up for walking a few blocks.

Newington...
Level Contributor
405 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel selection help

I second the Hotel Monteleone. A wonderful hotel. The carousel bar is not to be missed.

Lewes, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel selection help

You may be surprised at how compact the French Quarter is, and how short the blocks are. That being said, as long as a hotel is in the FQ, with one or two exceptions, it will be convenient to everything the Quarter has to offer. Pick your hotel by its' features; location will be fine. Rampart is the upper limit of the Quarter, and you may feel more comfortable in the heart of the Quarter.

Atmore
Level Contributor
300 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel selection help

Let us know if you find ANYTHING, I have been searching for that weekend too and there are NO hotels available anywhere near the french quarter or garden district....several conventions that week end