We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saints game help

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicagoland
Level Contributor
199 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Saints game help

Planning a trip to NO at the end of October. Thinking of getting Saints tickets. We can walk from hotel to the Superdome. Game is at noon. Any ideas on eating on the way to the game - either brunch or lunch. Don't want to pay stadium prices for food since usually stadium food is not very good. What time should we plan to arrive (saw one thread where it said security lines are long but it was not recent thread). Any other advice?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Saints game help

Champions Square outside the dome is actually not a terrible option to eat at the stadium. There will be a pregame band out there and a good number of new orleans dining options.

lines arent that bad. id say if you are in line atleast 30 mins before kick off you should be able to make it to your seats no problem. i normally shoot a little earlier than that to avoid the crowds, get a snack and watch warmups on the field. Arriving about 50-60 minutes before the games i have been able to walk in with nearly no delay the last two weeks (less than 5 minutes in line including bag checks and everything).

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saints game help

I second eating at Champion's Square. Some of the best restaurants in town have booths for "small plates" of their specialties. It's a good way to taste the best of NO.

And don't forget-you can't take a purse or bag in the dome. Must be clear plastic, and no larger than a large ziplock bag.

Edited: 1:23 pm, September 25, 2013
Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Saints game help

Cajun Mike's Pub & Grub, 116 Baronne St, 1/2 block in from Canal. Good food! Easy walk to dome from there..

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
199 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saints game help

Can you tell me more about Champion's square? I tried a Google search and the website did not have much info. Is it kind of like a "taste of" from different restaurants? Any idea on prices for the small plates? Is it outside? Does it get super crowded? What time would you suggest arriving there?

Thanks!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Saints game help

its just an outdoor plaza area outside the dome. food stands from various restaurants around the plaza, a band in it. Food prices vary based on what you are getting and who you are getting it from but tend to be in the neighborhood of fair.

Edited: 2:08 pm, September 25, 2013
Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saints game help

I does get crowded as it gets closer to game time. I would get there 10 or 10:30 for a noon game, That will give you time to eat before you get in the security lines to get into the Dome.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Saints game help

Agreed with Poole - an hour to hour and a half to enjoy food, and music before hopping in line seems reasonable. Its a fun atmosphere out there. It does get crowded as its right in the parking lot area and the whole thing is just a few hundred yards from an entry to the dome.

Between all the tailgates and other fun stuff you probably would not have any issue with going too early, so feel free to schedule some time and enjoy.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
199 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Saints game help

Do you have any favorite vendors or specific items not to miss?

Thanks!

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Saints game help

I just read where it opens 3 hours before game time. The food vendors change, but there are always good choices available, and plenty to drink as well.

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Saints game help

You can also go in Club XLIV which is also in Champion Square for $10, and you get a free cocktail for that. They do have a menu for that. See-

http://www.superdome.com/site50.php