We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best, freshest luxury hotel in NOLA?

los angeles
Level Contributor
31 posts
203 reviews
Save Topic
best, freshest luxury hotel in NOLA?

Hi, I am trying to stay in a great hotel for an upcoming meeting. I have stayed in the Windsor Court before but last trip it was getting very tired and the rooms really needed updating. I am considering The Saint which seems to be more of a trendy boutique hotel or the Westin Canal place which has a great location between the French Qtr and the Convention center. I would appreciate opinions/ suggestions.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: best, freshest luxury hotel in NOLA?

Have you looked into The Ritz Carlton or The Omni Royal Orleans? Both are great, IMO.

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best, freshest luxury hotel in NOLA?

I've stayed at the Westin and it's nice-but nothing special. Harrah's Hotel on Poydras is the nicest luxury hotel I've stayed in, and they are constantly remodeling the rooms.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,563 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best, freshest luxury hotel in NOLA?

W French Quarter has been recently remodeled. Unlike most Ws, it has less than 100 rooms making it more "boutique" than "full service". It's relatively new restaurant, SoBou, has hotel restaurant hours and features small plates and crafted cocktails. It also has, in my opinion, the most spectacular nighttime courtyard in the City. The W French Quarter location is better suited to both the French Quarter and Convention Center than that of The Saint. I have not stayed in the hotel since it was known as the Hotel De la Poste, but have visited the restaurant/bar (SoBou), the courtyard, and a friend's room, all of which I really liked.

Have been hearing mostly good things about The Saint and its bar, although the restaurant gets mixed reviews. Although the location is relatively good, I would prefer something closer to the River, particularly if making trips to the Convention Center.

Have also visited rooms in the Westin Canal Place, which were nicely appointed but not particularly "fresh". SOME of the rooms have truly spectacular views of the River and French Quarter. Now that the elevator problems seem to have been solved, it gets mostly good reviews. Folks seem to love those Westin beds. It does have a very good location for someone having business in the Convention Center and also desiring a relatively good location with respect to the French Quarter. However, other than the rooms with a view, it is not particularly "NewOrleanish".

Montreal
Level Contributor
555 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best, freshest luxury hotel in NOLA?

Westin was stale and kind of shining-ish when we were there in February but the beds were pretty awesome. I would probably think it shouldn't be your first choice. Not very boutique hotel like and a little run down. I heard they've done some renovations since we were there though.:)

NOLA
Level Contributor
51 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best, freshest luxury hotel in NOLA?

We're big fans of the Roosevelt or Le Marais.

6. Re: best, freshest luxury hotel in NOLA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, September 27, 2014