We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports bar for Sunday football

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sports bar for Sunday football

Where are the best sports bars to watch football games? Am hoping to see the Patriots play at 1pm this Sunday in Buffalo.

I am staying in the Garden District but will travel to find a good place...

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sports bar for Sunday football

Crescent City Brewhouse on Decatur has Sunday NFL Ticket and all games should be on. There are a lot of good venues around town and I'll let locals sound off on some of those locations.

Patriots game will be on at noon in New Orleans. Go Pats.

Oooo...Sox take lead in the tenth.

Edited: 11:21 pm, September 05, 2013
Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sports bar for Sunday football

Some other recommendations from similar posts include Finn McCools Irish Pub in Mid-City, Cooter Browns Tavern Uptown and Mannings (if you're not a dyed in the wool Pats fan) in the Warehouse District.

Houma, Louisiana
Destination Expert
for Houma
Level Contributor
649 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sports bar for Sunday football

Don't think anyone will care. Saints playing at the same time. Go Saints! ;)

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,128 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sports bar for Sunday football

I beg to differ, Mr. G! LOTS of New Englanders in New Orleans and they do love their Pats! I remember being at Pat O's with Den, Fitch and Izzy. A group next to us wearing Patriot gear...we lost Fitch for a good part of the drinking! And in this case vs. Buffalo...GO PATS!

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sports bar for Sunday football

Do I need to remind all of you this is a NEW ORLEANS forum!!! If you want to see another game while the Saints are on, you'd better find a place with lots of TV's.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,128 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sports bar for Sunday football

Go Green Bay! (just for you, poole!!!) :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sports bar for Sunday football

Since you are staying in the garden district, I'd recommend Cooter Browns. Lots of televisions, large beer selection and decent food.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,128 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sports bar for Sunday football

you a Bears fan, Calhoun? I just saw on the news the new sandwich they'll be serving at Soilder field...meat, on top of meat, on top of meat...I'M IN!!! (I can't find it on the internet yet and can't recall it's name (or maybe that's the one in Houston and you guys are now doing BBQ brisket?)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sports bar for Sunday football

I am indeed a Bears fan. Not sure what this seaon holds with all the player and coaching turnover. The Saints are obviously my second favorite. Not sure about the new sandwich but I'll be at a game this year and will let you know.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,128 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sports bar for Sunday football

thanks! It looked amazing! (I love food!!!)