We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Orleans Airport Shuttle Beware

milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
63 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
New Orleans Airport Shuttle Beware

I wanted to share my experience with everyone. In the baggage area you will find a desk where they are selling tickets for the shuttle into the French Quarter. I asked the lady how often they leave. She said every 15 minutes. Surprise!!! I sat there for 40 minutes. The drivers wait until the van is completely full. I arrived at my hotel in the French Quarter an hour and a half later. If I had taken a taxi it would have been a half hour or less. I saw couples taking this and and wondered if they knew it would be cheaper and quicker than this. For the return I was very nervous after this. I called and they said it would take at least 45 minutes or more. I am going to take a taxi back. Live and Learn!!

57 replies to this topic
Colton, California
Level Contributor
1 post
76 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: New Orleans Airport Shuttle Beware

We'll I actually didn't mind the Airport Shuttle. It gave me an opportunity to travel and see numerous hotels I might have never new existed. It may have been a one mile 30 min tour of 6 other hotels but none the less an adventure. Take it in stride and enjoy the ride. Honestly next time I'm taking a cab.

Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: New Orleans Airport Shuttle Beware

*grumble*, I didn't read this post before booking the shuttle - wish I had! From the time my plane landed to getting to my hotel was 2 HOURS. They were extremely overbooked and I had to wait an hour just to get on one (even though I had made reservations 2 months ago!). THEN, the driver got so confused she kept missing stops - she missed at least 3 hotels, had to turn around, go around blocks. She missed mine 3 times. We were finally giving her directions (using our phone gps). She grumbled, argued, blamed the company for making her do this route...you name it. All that aside, the absolute worst though was her stopping on the left side of a street and discharging her folks out INTO the traffic! I will absolutely pay for a taxi after that fiasco!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,139 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: New Orleans Airport Shuttle Beware

txs...you live and learn, huh? At least you had the "experience" and now know when the rest of us say "take a taxi", we really MEAN "take a taxi"!!! I'm sure you'll now be among those of us saying that! :)

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
3,126 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: New Orleans Airport Shuttle Beware

Agree: "Take a cab". Many times if you are a solo traveler like me you can split the cost of a cab with someone in line.

I took the shuttle ONCE many years ago. Never again. Crappy vans, not the cleanest and jammed with people and multiple stops before you get to your destination.

Iowa
Level Contributor
2 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: New Orleans Airport Shuttle Beware

Just want to say that I used the airport shuttle in New Orleans recently and had a good experience. There were 4 in my group. The clerk at the airport was considerate and even saved us some money by suggesting we book our return trip to the airport right then and there. We did not have to Wait in lines to book our shuttle, nor did we have to wait to board. There was a short wait the morning of the return trip due to a large automotive accident on the freeway. However we made it to the airport with time to spare. Based on my experience, would choose this mode of transportation to and from the airport again.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: New Orleans Airport Shuttle Beware

Some of these shuttle horror stories remind me of the time a few years ago when I used a shuttle service in San Fransisco. The driver had no clue as to how to get where I was staying, and even though I had never been there before, I knew enough about the City from maps I had looked at before my trip to get him there...perhaps I should have charged them!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,680 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: New Orleans Airport Shuttle Beware

Kdlc despite your experience you 4 paid $80 each way and a cab would have been quicker and cost $56 each way ...and directly to your hotel and that's why its so rare for regular posters to rec. A shuttle.

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
805 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: New Orleans Airport Shuttle Beware

Just had a thought maybe a there could be a post where regular TA posters who are willing to share a cab with a single person could be listed. I realise it could be a bit risky but if the single person felt uncomfortable they could always say no thanks and take a shuttle.

19. Re: New Orleans Airport Shuttle Beware

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 am, June 05, 2014

20. Re: New Orleans Airport Shuttle Beware

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 am, June 05, 2014

Reply to: New Orleans Airport Shuttle Beware
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted