We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar for Saints game

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bar for Saints game

Where are the best bars to watch a Saints game?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar for Saints game

Any in the city will have the saints on, and a wide majority will have a good crowd. Any particular preferences youd be looking for? (ex: biggest tvs, specific food, wide beer selection, location, etc....) What is most important/not that important?

London
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar for Saints game

I'm really just looking for a good atmosphere with everyone watching the game.

AR
Level Contributor
3,581 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar for Saints game

Don't know where you are staying,(French Quarter, Marigny, CBD, etc.) or if you have transportation or access to it, so it is impossible to recommend a bar . As mlarose stated, all the bars will have the game playing and most will have a good crowd. Could you give us a bit more info as to the area where you might want to watch the game?

London
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar for Saints game

I am staying in the French Quarter. I wasn't sure if being closer to the Superdome was a better atmosphere to watch a game. I am happy to travel if I need to. Being from London, if there is a game on, the atmosphere is always better near to the stadium it is being played in. Didn't know if this was the case in New Orleans or not.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar for Saints game

The atmosphere is great close to the Dome but be prepared to get there early. The bars in the immediate vicinity will be slammed. It's not far from the Quarter to the Superdome at all.

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bar for Saints game

How about Mannings-over by Harrah's Hotel. They have LOTS of TV's, and everyone there will be watching.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bar for Saints game

I don't personally care for the gigantic wall of tvs at some sports bars. A nice HD LCD medium size screen or two, a comfy bar stool and cold local beer is fine by me. If that meets your criteria, there are some great small bars that fit the bill for watching sports.

We really enjoyed our time at the Erin Rose on Conti last Dec for the Saints/Bucs game. Got to enjoy the local patrons and feel, as well as the fan comraderie.

Others in that category, are Johnny White's, Boondog Saint, Molly's at the Market and MRB.

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bar for Saints game

Johnny White's closed June 30. See-

www.johnnywhitesneverclosed.com/home.html

But the good news is-Funky Pirate is now open 24 hrs!

Edited: 4:24 pm, July 30, 2013
College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,312 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bar for Saints game

Minor correction, Boondock Saint. Just a plain ol' bar bar but good (though not elaborate) TVs along with great bartenders and a fun local/tourist mix.

Ipswich...
Level Contributor
594 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bar for Saints game

I can't think of a better place to watch a Saints game then the deck of the Bayou Beer Garden in mid city. Huge with lots of tvs and lots of fans (both the Saints and the cooling kind).