We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aaargh!!! I cannot wait anymore!

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Aaargh!!! I cannot wait anymore!

81 days til the next trip.....feels like 81 months right now. I cannot wait!!!!!!!!! I've already got a huge to do list that I'll be lucky if I get through 1/2. I'm getting to be a nervous wreck planning the family itinerary, and I want buy a condo now! I shouldn't watch shows like "House Hunters". I watch people from all over buying property all over, and I can't even get a condo in NO?!?!?? Something's wrong. (and yes, I'm feeling sorry for myself right now). What can I say, I'm in love!!!! So looking forward to being "home" again. (sigh).

Allentown...
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aaargh!!! I cannot wait anymore!

Gee, Porelly, you mean like buy a condo in NOLA??? And if you did, would you live there year round, or would you (even consider, hint, hint,wink, wink) renting it to your buds on TA (hint, hint, wink, wink). Just kidding, of course.....I think.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aaargh!!! I cannot wait anymore!

Unfortunately, Canadian law says no more than 6 months out of the country. But of course!!! I would "lend" my place to my TA friends. Actually my dream would be to get a small hotel in the Quarter, and all TA regulars would get a big discount. Come on lottery numbers!

3. Re: Aaargh!!! I cannot wait anymore!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:12 am, July 21, 2013
Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,630 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aaargh!!! I cannot wait anymore!

84 more days...it just can't get here fast enough! Love you Porelly! Hope you enjoyed all your drinks like we did!

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
226 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aaargh!!! I cannot wait anymore!

Porelly, I will admit to looking at hotels for sale in NO. And I know absolutely nothing about how to run a hotel!! I did count many for sale signs for condos and a couple of cute little houses last weekend. When I win the lottery I will be splitting time between the beach and New Orleans. Or my youngest said when he is a professional baseball player he will buy be a house in the Garden District! !

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,530 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Aaargh!!! I cannot wait anymore!

I'm a great bartender so whoever hits the lottery and buys a hotel I'm asking for a job in advance

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,630 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aaargh!!! I cannot wait anymore!

Bobby if it's us--You're Hired!!!!!!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,946 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aaargh!!! I cannot wait anymore!

I watch House Hunters all the time and there's a lot of places I would love to move to,you will indeed enjoy NOLA.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,829 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aaargh!!! I cannot wait anymore!

Porelly, your dream is similar to mine, except I want to buy a bed and breakfast, not a hotel. We can always dream, right?

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aaargh!!! I cannot wait anymore!

I know it is not an option for all but sometimes you just start with looking and see where it ends up - We have one TA member that is now officially a local!