We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday pub crawl

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
Save Topic
Birthday pub crawl

Some friends of mine will be helping Linc celebrate his big 5-0 in Nola on the 27th of this month.Since I used to live in Nola I have been chosen to set up the agenda. We have settled on Muriels for dinner but what I am looking for is some advice on some fun bars to hit afterward. We are all 40 to 50 something and my thought was to start out on at the Napoleon house since Lincs wife loves Pimms cups. We are all easy going and eclectic in our tastes. Prob the only thing I dont want is something too preppy. I thought we might work our way up Decatur to the lower quarter area,,then down Esplande area and over to Burgundy and N Rampart st area heading back toward Canal and maybe winding up in something where the girls can dance a bit if so inclined. I realize we may be too far gone to hit most of the places that will be suggested but I so respect the opinions of the regulars here I am willing to to my best to hit many of them. Also if any locals would like to pop in and introduce themselves at any of our stops I would be glad to pvt message you. Regards Bobby

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,697 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday pub crawl

Famous Door on Bourbon St close to Conti St is a great place for 30, 40 and 50 something dancing to a quality cover band. Ignore the shot girls.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birthday pub crawl

don't forget to stop in at El Gato Negro for a margarita!!! That would be on your walk down Decatur, just a minor right swerve at Urselines to 81 French Market Place.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Birthday pub crawl

Will do Deny I'm looking for bars with friendly/funny bartenders that will help us make it a good time for the birthday boy

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Birthday pub crawl

It's Herm, Bobby! LOL! Go to Good Friends and get the Separator! Great drink, great bartenders too!

No "real" bartenders at EGN (maybe when they open the Tequila Bar!) but GREAT Margaritas!!!!!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Birthday pub crawl

Herm I mistakenly deleted you email address. please email me but good news is I got the time off and will be coming in that wednesday. Please get me the two beds if its not too much more money at HP. Im so pumped!

6. Re: Birthday pub crawl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 18, 2014