We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt French Quarter?

Carleton Place...
Level Contributor
841 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt French Quarter?

We are booked here for our pre-cruise trip to Nola Has great reviews and the pics look good

Does anyone have any opinions on it?

I think the trolly stops fairly close to there...can someone tell me where exactly the stop is

Thank you

We are going to be there Tuesday -Sunday Mid January then off on our cruise.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,457 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt French Quarter?

Stayed there last January. A good all around choice. It is close to two streetcar (not called trolley) lines, the St Charles line, which stops on Carondelet St at Canal St, and the Canal St line which stops on Canal St at Dauphine St (Baronne St).

Carleton Place...
Level Contributor
841 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt French Quarter?

Great Thank you! What low key resteraunts are close by. Since we are cruising the following week, we are planning on eating fairly casual while in NOLA. With only 5 days we want to spend most of it sight seeing not waiting for a meal. Quick but tasty is what we are looking for.

AR
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt French Quarter?

Just outside the Quarter and very near the Hyatt FQ is Domenica. Half price drinks, pizza and $7 small plates from 3:00-6:00, M-Sat. Italian pizza, not your typical American versions. Excellent and very quick service. You are also near DejaVu on Conti...24/7 inexpensive. Cafe Conti, on Conti at the Price Conti Hotel is a quick, but good venue for crepes, omelets, sandwiches, etc.Vacherie, a short walk away has a 3 course summer special for dinner for $22. These are just a few. The entire French Quarter is only 8 blocks by 12 blocks and is packed with restaurants of all sorts/prices. You might look at the top right side of this page under Questions...where to eat...where to eat specific foods to get more ideas.

Carleton Place...
Level Contributor
841 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt French Quarter?

Thank you for the great suggestions.

I took a look at that list but it seemed to me to be mostly heavy meals... Also thanks for saying how many blocks the Quarter is...had not read that anywhere...Great to know!

5. Re: Hyatt French Quarter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 14, 2014