We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulane University

Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tulane University

Hi I am going to New Orleans to move my daughter into Tulane University. Any ideas on the best place to stay for access to the university.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulane University

Parkview Guest House is across the street from the campus. On St. Charles Avenue a bit further towards the Quarter, you have a Hampton, Best Western, Indigo, Best Western and a few others.

New Orleans is not that large, though, so I'd probably not really worry too much about proximity to the campus. The St. Charles streetcar starts downtown and goes to the TU campus and most hotels are within a few blocks of this public transit.

Your daughter will love Tulane!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tulane University

My son just graduated from Loyola Univ., next to Tulane. Check with Tulane about hotel discounts for parents. We've stayed all up and down St. Charles Ave. & JJnola has provided good recommendations. We've always had good luck with the Park View Guest House -- lots of university parents stay there. Also, the Hotel Indigo, the Avenue Inn Bed & Breakfast, Sully Mansion B&B, & the Masion Perrier. We've always liked the Hotel Monteleone in the French Qtr. The Monteleone always waived our daily parking fee. All I had to do was ask at check out, and the clerk quietly obliged. Class act in my book.

Good luck!

So. Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
587 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tulane University

My son will be attending Tulane in the Fall as well! In our three previous trips, we actually stayed near the French Quarter on Canal Street (Marriott & JW Marriott - cheap rates via Priceline). For move in, we are staying at the Ritz (sister gets an insane corporate rate). It's a 10 minute drive at most to get to campus. I have a feeling most places close to campus are probably booked by now for the 8/23-8/25 weekend.

4. Re: Tulane University

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 18, 2014