We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running of the Bulls 7/13/13

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
covington,la
Level Contributor
786 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Running of the Bulls 7/13/13

Anyone coming 7/13/13? If you havent heard its the 7th ot 8th annual running of the Bulls. But in NOLA its Roller Derby girls instead of Bulls. It is such a good time.

any questions

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Running of the Bulls 7/13/13

The party last night was pretty cool. Great costumes/horns... I believe Lydia Genevieve will have a lot of great pictures to share, since her charming 7 year old daughter was the best paparazzi one could imagine, all the roller girls were happy to pose for her and she ended up with some really cool shots. There was great food, too. We tried seared tuna from Borgne, a potato omelet and roasted garbanzo beans from Cochon and a bite of fried yucca from I don't remember where.

Myself and Mr Rodent are not the kind of creatures who would be able to get up for an 8 am event, so we gave the run a miss today, but Lydia with her husband and daughter not only went to it but actually ran it. Can't wait to see them in a few hours and hear all about it. It did sound like an awesome event. :-)

El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Running of the Bulls 7/13/13

Maria, how did the beatings go?

Rodent, we have Yucca here but I've never had it. What does it taste like?

Edited: 11:55 am, July 13, 2013
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Running of the Bulls 7/13/13

It was prepared like big, fat potato fries and the taste (or even appearance) wasn't really that dissimilar, though harder and more "meaty" in texture.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Running of the Bulls 7/13/13

There was a very big turn-out for the run. Decent weather propbably helped, but I must tell you this event appears to have grown enormously in just the few years since I last caught it. MANY more people than when I last caught it in the Quarter. More bulls too which was great. Lot more walkers than runners of course. But you are not immune from getting "gored" if you are walking. Saw several folks walking and engrossed in their phones get whacked on the rear (something I would LOVE to be able to do in everyday life, I might add). TA fun walk krewe next year, perhaps, as a Flok-sanctioned event?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Running of the Bulls 7/13/13

Some pics here.....

wdsu.com/news/…index.html

wwltv.com/news/…

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Running of the Bulls 7/13/13

I hadn't realized it's not in the Quarter anymore. If it has grown that much, I can understand why, but it's probably not the same atmosphere.

Rodent, you live in NOLA now, you've got to get up once in awhile. :)

El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Running of the Bulls 7/13/13

MmmmYucca sounds tasty. Yay! Pictures!

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Running of the Bulls 7/13/13

Happened to stumble across this during my trip. A great little event for sure. I was disappointed that no one really seemed to know much about the city they live in!

39. Re: Running of the Bulls 7/13/13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 18, 2014