We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Get-A-Room Question.

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
877 posts
282 reviews
Save Topic
Get-A-Room Question.

Has anyone used Get-A-Room to book a room in New Orleans. They are running a special that I find a little to good to be true. Is this a legit company? Apparently Kayak.com thinks they are as this is where I got the link for the room that I was interested in.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Get-A-Room Question.

I see more negative reviews than positive ones:

www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.getaroom.com

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Get-A-Room Question.

We have usually done bookit.com with good results - have never tried Get a Room.

New York City
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Get-A-Room Question.

We just used it for our July 2013 vacation. I was leery but we chanced it. Had ZERO problems. I called the hotel 24 hours after booking (our trip was 2 weeks later) and they already had all of our information. We were treated wonderfully by the hotel as well. So, consider this a positive, RECENT review!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,176 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Get-A-Room Question.

OK, I'll consider it. :) But I gotta ask....you haven't posted to a Tripadvisor forum since 2008. 5 years. You show up on this particular thread almost a month after it's started. How did you get here?

And do you mind telling us which hotel you booked? Was it in New Orleans?

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Get-A-Room Question.

Using the information from get a room or bookit...sometimes calling the hotel directly if you know which it is will possibly give you the room at the price and maybe a better room than the block the hotel discount places have.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Get-A-Room Question.

I've never used get a room but I've used bookit, priceline and hotwire. All were good but make sure when you use these discount sites that you know for sure you're going as usually there is a non cancellation policy. I have read people who complain the insurance if purchased is worthless unless there's a death in the immediate family or the place you are vacationing at has a total evacuation.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,666 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Get-A-Room Question.

I use Priceline and Hotwire. Have for years. Think they're great.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Get-A-Room Question.

Glad you noticed that, IrishFan.

Tom Fitzmorris pulled the same garbage the other day. He used one of his (numerous) TA screen names to rebut a thread that had its last post two months prior. It's quite sad. He's done it on a number of local food boards as well. It's become a laughing stock.

New York City
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Get-A-Room Question.

Oh dear, just saw this now. I review a lot of hotels but am rarely on the forums. So, I know this is a year late.

Just wanted to clear up any misunderstanding - I had searched the forums for reviews of Getaroom. That's how I found the thread. I found only negative reviews but after I had a good experience, I wanted to share it. That's all. We travelled to FL. Nothing shady or sinister here.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Get-A-Room Question.

I booked a room in NOLA for end of August....called back today to try and extend my stay. Agent on phone said I did not have a reservation (even though paid in full on my credit card). I asked agent if I could email the confirmation I received from GetARoom.com so she could explain what happened. I was immediately "disconnected." I tried to call back (to all of the phone numbers I could find for GetARoom.com) and would get just past the automated menu before I was "disconnected" again....this happened multiple times. So, I sent an email to the "Contact Us" link....only received automated replies so far. We'll see what happens.