We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for the Cajun country experts.....

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Question for the Cajun country experts.....

As most of you know we've travelled to Nola often and have done most if the big tourist things. The thing is, we have a 16 yr old exchange student from Milan, Italy coming to visit in a few weeks and we want to bring him to New Orleans for a few days. Well be leaving Houston very early on a Wednesday and drivi h over for a few days. We've got Rock N Bowl reserved for Thurs zydeco night and we plan on doing a carriage your, Preservation Hall, WW2 movie and museum, cemetery tour and the obligatory FOOD tour of Nola! Tim and I have stopped in La Place in the way out of town and taken our kids on the swamp tour there and they quite enjoyed it, but we were thinking about breaking up the long trip on the way over with a swamp your and lunch out in Cajun country. Where would y'all suggest we stop for this? Lafayette near the basin, Beaux Bridge, or just drive thru to Nola area? On the way back to Houston we are going to do the plantations and lunch at The Cabin I think. I really want a great, fun, or I tethering lunch option for the drive over, and suggestions on a good swamp tour. Also please let me know if you think the tours in Cajun country are better or worse than the Nola area tours. U just thought breaking up the trip and going with a less commercial tour may be a good plan. Also if anyone thinks of anything else we should do with the Italian student in Nola that I've forgot about please chime in! It'll just be my Husband and I with our oldest son 14 and the Italian student, a 16 yr old boy.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for the Cajun country experts.....

Swamp tours are better in Cajun country because they don't feed marshmallows to the gators. Breaux Bridge has some nice bed-n-breakfast options. Consider Bayou Cabins for a bit more rustic option. Eat at Pont Breaux for some good Cajun food and music. Avery Island is also an option for a car tour.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,115 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for the Cajun country experts.....

We like Café des Amis or Chez Jaqueline in Breaux Bridge

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,115 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for the Cajun country experts.....

And Poches market. Poches.com

4. Re: Question for the Cajun country experts.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 14, 2014