We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brunch Suggestions

kentucky
Level Contributor
96 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Brunch Suggestions

I have been to New Orleans many times. Have had brunch at Mr B's, Commanders Palace, and Arnaud's in the past. My husband and I are going for a quick 2 day trip on Thursday. We need a brunch suggestion for Friday. Commander's Palace doesn't have one on Friday. Frankly reviews of Brennan's aren't too impressive and it doesn't seem worth the money. We are staying in the French Quarter. Any suggestions? Willing to head over to Marigny or CBD if anything sounds worth the walk. Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Commander's Palace
Commander's Palace
8,072 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brunch Suggestions

There are not many brunches outside of the weekend and those tend to be tourist-oriented affairs like Court of Two Sisters. Is there a particular reason for needing a brunch as opposed to lunch? If your interest is in good food, I'd forego brunch and choose a nice lunch somewhere, which provides many, many more options. If you want traditional Creole, try Galatoire's. For haute cuisine, try August. For seafood, GW Fins or Peche.

Mentioned in this post
Creole
Creole
Louisiana
North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brunch Suggestions

check out the menu at Stanley...

kentucky
Level Contributor
96 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brunch Suggestions

We have done lunch at Galatoire's on Friday on an earlier trip. We are going to GW Fins Friday night. We are looking for a brunch that leans more torwards breakfast.

AR
Level Contributor
3,612 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brunch Suggestions

EAT at the corner of Dauphine/Dumaine...though not officially brunch until Sat/Sun. they have a great brunch-like menu. eatnola.com

Level Contributor
483 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Brunch Suggestions

Ruby Slipper .... They have three locations. The Marigny location on Burgundy would be close and a pleasant walk from the Quarter. http://www.therubyslippercafe.net/. The food is excellent!

Mentioned in this post
Burgundy
Burgundy
Bourgogne-Franche-Comte, France
6. Re: Brunch Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 14, 2014