We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Orleans to Praireville by public transport

queensland
Level Contributor
430 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
New Orleans to Praireville by public transport

Is there any public transport to Praireville, what is the best way to get there or as near as possible to Praireville without a car. Hope someone can help. Also anyone have suggestions on a hotel close to French Quarter for two nights before I go to Praireville. My budget is small, looking for double room with own bathroom in good area, clean, comfortable hotel (no frills) average cost $60-80 per night.

New Orleans...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Orleans to Praireville by public transport

Tough one....but here is your best bet AFAIK...

There is an inexpensive ($5.00 one-way) bus service from New Orleans to Baton Rouge. http://www.laswift.com/index.php

One of the stops in Baton Rouge is on Highland Road, which is about 5-6 miles from Prarieville. As far as I know, cab would be your only choice after that. You can call Baton Rouge Yellow Cab ((225) 926-6400) to find out what the approximate fare would be from the Highland Home Depot to your destination in Prarieville. Also be sure to ask about getting back from there to the Home Depot again, as there may be an extra out-of-town trip charge.

After all that, it may be cheaper to rent a car for the day, if you can drive. It's an easy drive from NOLA to Prarieville.

Edited: 9:37 am, June 07, 2013
AR
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Orleans to Praireville by public transport

Time of year will make a big difference in price of hotel rooms. You might want to go to neworleansonline.com to get some idea of the choices available and their locations...hotels, small hotels, BnB, etc. Summer will generally be less expensive

Monroe, Louisiana
Level Contributor
203 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Orleans to Praireville by public transport

There just isn't any public transportation to Prairieville. If you are visiting someone try to get them to pick you up. Around 40 miles. A $60 room near the French quarter-I would not expect it to be that safe or nice. Be sure to check that. There are some very bad neighborhoods. But I hope you find it.

4. Re: New Orleans to Praireville by public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 10, 2014