We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour guide

Level Contributor
27 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Tour guide

We are two individuals (60's and 70's) and are staying at New Orleans Jazz B&B. Original plan had involved walking tours, bike tour, etc. but my friend is on the mend from double pneumonia (was on a ventilator) and we are just fortunate to be able to still make this trip to arrive in New Orleans in about 5 days (scheduled the trip back in January before illness). She has to carry oxygen now and walking takes a toll, so we won't be doing too much of that but neither of us can stand the idea of being in a van or a bus with a bunch of other people chattering away. We can rent a car. Any suggestions of tours that we might take that are worthwhile (a carriage tour is a possibility, but which company?). If you have names of companies or individuals that served others well, I'd love to go with a known entity rather than just going in blind. I have contacted two tour operators (Isabella and Louisiana tours but they primarily do van tours or make the cost of a small group tour at $600+ for 3 hours). Know of any individuals that might be just the ticket to learn about the city and not have to travel in a large group?

Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Running Tours
Flambeaux Bicycle Tours
City Tours, Gear Rentals, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Buzz Nola Bike Tours and Rentals
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Bike Tours, Gear Rentals, Historical & Heritage Tours
Lucky Bean Tours
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,443 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour guide

A carriage ride when you 1st get to NO is a great way to 1st the Quarter. There are many in Jackson Square. There are also pedicabs that can take you pretty much anywhere.

Have you considered changing your reservation to a hotel directly in the FQ? I would assume that would make it much easier for everybody.

Level Contributor
27 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour guide

Oh geez, I thought I did have a hotel in the French Quarter - New Orleans Jazz Quarters.

Thanks for the pedicab suggestion. Any particular company that we could call to come and pick us up?

3. Re: Tour guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 12, 2014
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor