We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid Stuff

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
46 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Kid Stuff

My wife and I will be spending next week in New Orleans and will have my 2 grand daughters with me for 2 days. They are 8 & 10. we're staying in the Warehouse Districe, quite close to the aquarium, riverboat tours, and the Quarter. Any suggestions as to the BEST way to spend those 2 days?

I understand there is a 'package' that includes the aquarium and the boat cruise to the zoo; is that still available? Also, what about dinner one night at Mulate's for zydecko, dancing and crawfish? Any other suggestions?

Free Tours by Foot
Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Ghost & Vampire Tours, Food Tours
The Voodoo Bone Lady Haunted Tours
Cultural Tours, Ghost & Vampire Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Two Chicks Walking Tours
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Buzz Nola Bike Tours and Rentals
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Bike Tours, Gear Rentals, Historical & Heritage Tours
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kid Stuff

The zoo cruise has restarted and the aquarium is better than before. IMAX had not started the day we visited the aquarium but it has now, supposedly. And you can't go wrong with the Audubon Zoo. Both it and the aquarium are considered to be "top 5" in their respective genres.

The Louisiana Childrens Museum on Julia Street is also fun for kids. Lots of those "science fair" type things where kids can touch the static ball to make their hair stand on end, etc. They may enjoy that.

Mulate's is fun but the food is really average. Just grab appetizers there and spend your dinner money elsewhere.

2. Re: Kid Stuff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 15, 2009