We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrive one month from today!

SD
Level Contributor
269 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Arrive one month from today!

Booked a room at the Bourbon Orleans May 25th to 29th. Traveling with husband and kids 10 and 17. None of us have been to New Orleans. Very excited for first trip.

Will there be any parades going on during this time?

Planning a City Tour and Swamp tour with Cajun Encounters. Mardi Gras World, a ride on the Algiers Ferry. Stroll Jackson Square, the French and Farmers Market. Street cars, World War 2 Museum, the Zoo, Aquarium and IMAX. Plus, a little day time on Bourbon Street.

Any other must see's for first time visitors with kids? Thanks!

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrive one month from today!

Insectarium? It gets very good reviews.....

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
297 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrive one month from today!

So am I! I can't wait!

I don't know of any parades or anything then, but I agree with the Insectarium. I've been and enjoyed it myself even with no kids on my trip.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrive one month from today!

You never know when a parade will just pop up....

SD
Level Contributor
269 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrive one month from today!

Insectarium has been added to list. Have to admit I had not looked at any of the info on it. But it does look like it would be fun and interesting. Will get an Audubon experience pass for sure now.

Thanks!

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
381 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrive one month from today!

Yup! Looks like a parade will be going! wwoz.org/new-orleans-community/…streetads

Scroll to the bottom to see the Money Wasters Parade. More may be added as time goes on. Keep an eye out.

Edited: 9:55 pm, April 25, 2013
SD
Level Contributor
269 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrive one month from today!

Thanks so much for the parade info!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,354 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arrive one month from today!

Sounds like you've got great plans. As for Bourbon, don't be afraid to go walking with the kids around supper time/early evening. The street looks fabulous with all the neon signs, and it's still pretty tame. Everybody's just happy to be there.

8. Re: Arrive one month from today!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 28, 2014