We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crescent City Blues festival in October

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,396 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Crescent City Blues festival in October

I'm assuming this is set up like at FQF with the music stages, food and drink booths? It's going on the week-end my family will be in NOLA, so I was thinking we'd go check it out on the Sunday (since the Saints football schedule didn't cooperate with our plans).

And lucky gal that I am, the Louisiana Seafood festival is the week-end prior, so I get to check out 2 new festivals in 1 trip. Woohoo!!!! 5 months and 19 days to go!!

AR
Level Contributor
3,592 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crescent City Blues festival in October

Yes, is the answer to your question. However, it is a small festival with only two stages...it is actually the Crescent City Blues and BBQ Festival, so there will be opportunity to taste different BBQ as well as drinks, arts/crafts, etc.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,396 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crescent City Blues festival in October

Txs SKT, I knew it was a smaller affair. I'm assuming it's worth a couple of hours of our time? Nothing that has music and food in NO can be bad. :)

Ipswich...
Level Contributor
597 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Crescent City Blues festival in October

It's held at Lafayette Square Park, 540 St. Charles, a few blocks from the Quarter.

AR
Level Contributor
3,592 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crescent City Blues festival in October

Correct, Porelly...good music, good food, drink and the second oldest park in New Orleans combined. Definitely worth a few hours...schedule will be posted online later.

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crescent City Blues festival in October

October 18-20....schedule is posted.

http://www.jazzandheritage.org/blues-fest

nj
Level Contributor
1,973 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crescent City Blues festival in October

i was just looking at the schedule and wondered about how this festival was set up. thanks for the info....i love the lineup...have an airline credit that would cover our tickets...and would love to come back to the city again. it's been too too long....(the sound you hear are gears turning....)

;).

7. Re: Crescent City Blues festival in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:22 pm, September 06, 2013
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Crescent City Blues festival in October

Magic,

Its a small one square block city park right downtown. They in the past have put stages at opposite ends of the park and alternated bands back and forth. Food and drink vendors line the other two sides. It runs all day long with great food and music.

nj
Level Contributor
1,973 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Crescent City Blues festival in October

mlar (or should it be rose?)...thanks for more info. it sounds wonderful to me. been years since mr. m and i have been to NO. he's checking his work schedule to see if he can swing a day or two on either end of that weekend. i freelance, so make my own schedule. please...keep your fingers crossed. i would LOVE to do this. (it's our 30th anniversary this year and though we did take the legendary rhythm and blues cruise in january, it would be great fun to return to the city we love so much for further celebrating!)

:)

Edited: 10:00 am, August 16, 2013
Cape May Point, New...
Level Contributor
623 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Crescent City Blues festival in October

At last my trip coincides with a top notch music event---yay! I'm doing the whole enchilada. This is a great little venue and the weather will be perfect (I gar-on-tee it!). Even better that some F troops will join me! So excited!