We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Link to my Travel Blog:)

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal
Level Contributor
555 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Link to my Travel Blog:)

hi guys!

just wanted to let you know my travel blog is finally done! hehehe. photos are posted and everything. if you want to take a look, here you go.

http://nolaphile.blogspot.ca/

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
292 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Link to my Travel Blog:)

I really enjoyed reading this. You have a true latent for writing and photography!

Montreal
Level Contributor
555 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Link to my Travel Blog:)

thank you so much pyxie. hope the shots of the frenchmen art market got you stoked:) hehe

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Link to my Travel Blog:)

Just finished reading your wonderful recount of your trip. Wow, you certainly got to a lot of places and experienced a lot of different things. You seem to have the same feelings for Frenchmen St and the surrounding area as I do. I love Yuki and yes you must try something from their menu next time. I LOVE the picture of Vince in from of Bass Pro Shops. He nearly looks mesmerized. The one near me in Leeds Alabama makes some of the best fudge I've ever had.

St. Louis No. 3 is nice for those that feel more comfortable with wide paved paths, but I find it a little too pristine. I suggest you try Cypress Grove at the end of Canal St. on a future trip.

Nice to know your swamp guide doesn't feel the animals. They tossed marshmallows where I toured and I have to say I can see a lot of negatives to doing that.

I can't believe your hostess at the Creole Inn actually drove you to the airport. Wow, that IS lagniappe! Which room did you stay in at the inn?

Glad you went back to Maurepas. Our pickles included peaches and blueberries- YUM!

I know I'm forgetting other things I wanted to comment on- suffice to say it was a fantastic trip report.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Link to my Travel Blog:)

Excellent blog and pics. I gotta wait till November to go back...waaay too long.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Link to my Travel Blog:)

Best freaking trip report evah!! Dude, you have no idea...I definitely feel like you are what Anne of Green Gables called "a kindred spirit"! I actually took notes (many many notes, and I already had our trip planned but I can't wait to work some of your gems in to our trip!) I loooved your pics and all the commentary and silliness and going off the beaten track--you guys really seem drawn to the same types of things that my husband and I are into. The pic of your boyfriend about to go fishing was classic (that little kid face!) and I got such a kick out of his Nirvana karaoke story--even knowing the words back in the 90s gets him points, let alone remembering them! Kajun's Pub is definitely on my list to check out this visit (next week!!) I read THE most awesome book about residents of the city before, during and after Katrina and the owner of Kajun's, Joann, is one of the nine people. I really hope to meet her as well as Ronald Lewis, owner of the House of Dance and Feathers Museum in the Lower 9th Ward who is also featured in the book, which is called Nine Lives by Dan Baum. You MUST check it out. Another book worth reading is called Voodoo Dreams and is historical fiction about Marie Laveau. What I've heard is that most people believe she is buried somewhere else, I think St Louis #2, and that it is actually her daughter in the St Louis #1 tomb with all the X's. I want to check out #2 this trip to see if I can find Mardi Gras Indian Chief Allison "Tootie" Montana (discussed frequently but posthumously in Nine Lives) and the musician Danny Barker--check out his rendition of St James Infirmary, it's the shizz.

Loved the stories of the haunting!! That sort of thing just endears me to a place and I prefer to think of the butcher as friendly rather than sinister :)

I had just a few questions if you get a minute: How was service at Coop's? It got knocked off our to-try list b/c of so many complaints but the food usually gets great reviews. What did you think of the All That Jazz, especially without the shrimp? Still awesome?

Randomly, you've made me want to check out Walking Dead even more now. I think I'll have to break down and get Netflix so we can watch it from the beginning. We're obsessed with Treme right now but I've heard lots about the Walking Dead and we actually only live about half an hour from where it is filmed. I met the most awesome guy who works on the set a few months ago--he's one of the crew that makes everything look aged rather than brand new, which I thought was pretty cool.

Another side note--I too am a cougar, was actually called that by my husband's high school students, because I'm 5 months older than he is :)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Link to my Travel Blog:)

Additionally, I just sent you a Facebook message but it went to your "other" folder. Hope that's not too much of a creeper move! :)

Orland Park...
Level Contributor
576 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Link to my Travel Blog:)

Thanks for doing all that work!!! Great job!

Montreal
Level Contributor
555 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Link to my Travel Blog:)

Lol. Not at all. Sent you a reply on Facebook:) thank you!

PA
Level Contributor
374 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Link to my Travel Blog:)

i think you've inspired me to do a full-on trip report. i have a blog (suitcase scholar), which has become too...magazine-esque? i don't ever do 'this was my day' posts anymore. but i WANT to write one like you did. so i will. because it is my blog. so there. ha! thanks for the inspiration!!!

California
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Link to my Travel Blog:)

OMG! Your pics are great!!!

We just got back from our first trip to NOLA and still recooping before writing a (comparatively brief) trip report! :)

Just wanted you to know we also took a side trip to Breaux Bridge and love the place! We danced our boodies off at Café Amis, and also sampled the Boudin balls at Poches café! YUM!

We were scheduled to take a Cajun Country sunset swamp tour last Saturday, but it unfortunately it got cancelled due to weather. We were going to try to make the 9 am tour the next morning, but we were really exhausted from the night before and my allergies were going so crazy that we ended up not going. :(

We ended up going on the Honey Island Swamp tour and it was pretty cool, even saw a gator, but next time we're there (and there WILL be a next time!) we definitely want to go on Shaun's tour!

We loved Breaux Bridge!